greetings

New to the club? Pop in and say hello!

Moderator: Robsey

humbucker
Club Admin

greetings

Post by humbucker »

hi all, great to see a mk3 owners club online! thought i'd sign up and say hi. look forward to being an active member of the forum as time goes by.

i've just bought a 2.5 24v c25xe v6 cdx with all the toys and leather which i'm looking forward to playing around with. was looking for a gsi initially but saw this one and thought yup, that's the one! 1994, low miles, diamond black, stunning condition, pick it up shortly. already bought a splitter and gsi grille to fit in anticipation... and the shopping list is growing...!!

i think i qualify as a vauxhall v6 veteran as my current motor is a 3.0i 24v x30xe v6 omega elite, but i've always fancied a good mark 3 cav. being a one car household we figured we should think about another car and so that's what we've ended up with!

pics to follow of the cav but in the meantime here's a shot or two of my elite. had her 4 years or more now, do about 450 miles a week in her to work and back, try and keep her in as good nick as possible. i won't bore you with the long list of recent jobs ive had to do but needless to say that she drives better than when i got her... and we're on 153k now too! all the toys, sat nav, phone, bose amp and stereo, too many features to list. i'll pop some more up if anyone's interested

;)

anyway, that's me saying hi and look forward to chatting to you all.
FoxyCav

Re: greetings

Post by FoxyCav »

hello hun and welcome to Cav mk3, thats a gorgeous looking omega you have there (love them cars). cant wait to see the pics of the Cav, welcome again :mrgreen:

anita
branny361

Post by branny361 »

hi mate .. lovely omega you have there 8-) . good motorway muncher .

Welcome to the forum
now running a swedish vauxhall...

the old cav vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYC4wHjqAhw

the new saab vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-K5L6UDGFk
wullie

Post by wullie »

thats a fair piece of kit you've got, bet it's absoloutly rapid,
welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Hey buddy, welcome to the site :D and wow :shock: :shock: :shock: that is one gorgeous motor u have there :o I love Omegas, and all the other executives built by Vauxhall :D wow 3.0i :shock: my dream :) hope u enjoy the site fella :)
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

thanks for the warm welcome all, i'll be sure to post pics up of the cav as soon as she arrives!

i'm glad i found this forum; i dont know if any of you are familiar with it or not, but im a regular contributor and member of the omega owners forum oof http://www.omegaowners.com and i cant praise it enough. its fantastic, run brilliantly, and is a really fun forum as well as being really helpful. a good bunch etc. and regular club meets / open days (lots of members so quite a few regional meets too).

anyway, my hope was that id find a forum or club just as great for the cav and from what i can see it looks like this is it!

anyone i should be warned about then?! foxycav got any peculiar habits that might raise an eyebrow?! hehe!

;-)
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Hello and welcome to the forum Hope you enjoy the stay - looking forward to seeing picks of the cav :)
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Envoy CDX wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum Hope you enjoy the stay - looking forward to seeing picks of the cav :)
i'll definitely be putting some up when i pick her up (only 5 days to go...!!). will constitute a WIP thread i think; bits im planning on putting on the car are arriving already!! heheh!!

just fitted a harmon kardon ipod drive and play to the omega, so thinking of doing the same on the cav, will wait and see...!!

Squig

Post by Squig »

intresting piece of kit that... lovely looking omega that. welcome and enjoy chatting
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Squig wrote:intresting piece of kit that... lovely looking omega that. welcome and enjoy chatting
thanks for the positive feedback, hoping to give the cav an equally nice shine... pick her up on sat morning, can't wait!
cav_2.0_gli

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

hello fella, and welcome to the forums.

good to see another localish member to me!
my driveway's like a 1986 vauxhall forecourt lol (apart from my mk3 cav's!
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

cav_2.0_gli wrote:hello fella, and welcome to the forums.

good to see another localish member to me!
cheers, i'm sure our paths will cross soon enough ;)