New member signing in

New to the club? Pop in and say hello!

Moderator: Robsey

sutty2006

New member signing in

Post by sutty2006 »

Just like to say a quick howdy do, Happy new year etc etc hope everyone has a good 2015.

Ive come to this forum as I have finally bought myself a Mk3 cavalier. Well, Actually I owned one years ago that belonged to my nan. She bought a 1995 1.8 expression reg number N469 POD in 1996. I loved that car and went everywhere in it as a child. When she needed a more practical car for grandad, I had the cavalier and kept it in my parents garage. I kept it clean and tidy (it smelt like new inside) for a year or so then my dad started using it. In 2006 it was set on fire at the top of our driveway by would-be thieves who couldnt start it.

This is N469 in 2005

And in 2006

We were all devestated but moved on to other things.

Early November I decided that I wanted another cav. I need a petrol engined car to go to work in as my diesel mondeo isnt getting its legs stretched in the 1.9 mile journey to work. So I went on the hunt browsing ebay etc etc. One morning I happened to stumble across an ebay add that had been listed early that morning. To my shock, It was N468 POD. The next car down from the one we had previous. I made a hasty message to the owner telling me to contact me and a deal was done over the phone that day. The following weekend I picked up N468 POD, and all the memories came flooding back. I still cant believe Ive found it.

So here it is.

A genuine 59k fully serviced and maintained by a vauxhall dealer. The old boy that owned it his son is a service manager at said vauxhall dealer and has been maintained regardless. It has MOT till mid this year. There are a few little bits and pieces that I need to rectify, but other than that its condition is brilliant.

I look forward to sharing my mechanical knowledge and experiances with the rest of you, but for now here are some of my other cars.

1989 Mercury Grand Marquis

1987 Manta GT hatch, (not a GTE) with a C20XE.

2006 Mondeo ST TDCi.

1995 Landrover Discovery

and my 1976 Opel manta S. Long term project

:D
1976 Manta B coupe
1987 Manta C Hatch 16v
1995 Cavalier Expression
1995 Landrover discovery TDi
2006 Mondeo ST TDCi
Cavalier342

Re: New member signing in

Post by Cavalier342 »

First of all, massive welcome to the forum!! :wave

Second of all, I hope the waste of space no-life expendable tossers who torched the car had all their fingers individually sliced off with a rusty hacksaw, then their eyeballs gauged out with pliers. Think that's almost worthy of their crime....

Awesome story about the car being restored and back into your hands... That's unbelievably lucky. And a nice collection of motors you have there, ESPECIALLY the Grand Marquis! :D I love my American motors, especially the full size sedans such as that. Beautiful! Enjoy your stay here fella, and join in the banter :thumb

Andrei.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
btcctroy
Mk3 Cavalier Rust Buster

Post by btcctroy »

Welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your stay, Great story with the cavalier.
Love the selection of cars you have there
....with a brew and my favourite biscuits.
leigh200sx

Post by leigh200sx »

welcome to the forum, great find with your cavalier being a carbon copy of your old one..
nice collection by the way
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Welcome...

These thieving fkrs should of learnt " You never mess with another mans automobile" and hope they got nicked!!

What a result on the new Cavalier though, who would of thought you'd find that one but enjoy it and oh yeah love the collection!
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
chris.h

Post by chris.h »

hello and welcome
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Hello & Welcome. :wave
sutty2006

Post by sutty2006 »

Thanks for the warm welcomes folks :)

The 2 lads that set fire to N469 were caught at the end of my street. Its a long story but the CPS wouldnt prosecute due to a gap in seeing them leave the scene, and getting picked up by the police at the end of the road (roughly 10 seconds). However, I do have connections within the force that were able to tell me exactly who they were. I bide my time, karma is a b*t*h. (thank you social media)

Mikebmth wrote:Welcome...

These thieving fkrs should of learnt " You never mess with another mans automobile" and hope they got nicked!!

What a result on the new Cavalier though, who would of thought you'd find that one but enjoy it and oh yeah love the collection!
1976 Manta B coupe
1987 Manta C Hatch 16v
1995 Cavalier Expression
1995 Landrover discovery TDi
2006 Mondeo ST TDCi
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

What an amazing story/find! I can't begin to imagine what the chances are of you finding your old car's sibling by chance, not to mention the fact that it looks to be a complete minter! Welcome to cavmk3oc.com, and do get some pics up in the Showroom/Work In Progress section (whichever applies). Also, there's 'The Other Showroom' for non-Cavaliers. Feel free to post some pics of your other motors in there.

Glad to have you aboard :) 8-)