My Ride

New to the club? Pop in and say hello!

Moderator: Robsey

RedBaron

My Ride

Post by RedBaron »

I have a 24yr old red Mklll Cav Sri in very good condition which I love and have spent far too much money on though I don't regret a penny of it. I spent my money under the hood and on extensive rust eradication.I'm only fourth owner from new and it tops 120mph despite being only the 8 valve head. My good luck was in the person whose car it was. DPG Engineering the owner of which is a long time friend of mine was the supplier and whose details I will gladly forward to any interested parties dwelling in the Exeter area of Devon. I cannot recommend the firm strongly enough.
I have put a number of people on to him and all have been pleased. The proprietor is one of that endangered species, an honest automotive engineer!
Among other "tweaks" (Piper Cam.pressure pump, 30 deg recut valve seats etc Also lowered 33mm plus 17"Fox wheels with low profile tyres. Spax adj suspension all round) I' also using a "Broquet" device in the fuel line and a specially made "chip"
To my mind the Mklll "Cav" is one of the most underrated '90's cars around. Providing they are taken care of they'll still be around when all the over complicated coke can present day creations are languishing in scrap yards! 90s tin forever!

RedBaron says "Keep on Trucking" (with a tip of the hat to Mr Natural"!)
Rear bumper sticker on slammed 7Ltr Buick "If You Can Read This I've Just Run You Over!"
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Re: My Ride

Post by Envoy CDX »

Welcome to the site.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index