Vectra V6 manual saloon

New to the club? Pop in and say hello!

Moderator: Robsey

Vectra V6 CD

Vectra V6 manual saloon

Post by Vectra V6 CD »

Hi guys,

My name is Ben and I am from Holland. I have one of the 8 manual V6 saloons left in Holland in possesion which currently is under construction. The isolation in the cabin has been heavily damaged because a heavy leak. So picked a new one up in Germany and got it back in. While we're at it, it is getting some new en extra options. Just put some heating pipes for the back seats in and the next step is the building in of Cruise Control. Beside these two things there will some other things: anti theft (will open a new topic for this), check control and if possible electric windows in the back.

But for now a few pics of this rare Dutch Black Beauty:

My Vectra next to my fathers Vectra

I'll upload some more and better pictures after the girl has had her makeover.

Cheers Ben
TurboDan

Re: Vectra V6 manual saloon

Post by TurboDan »

Thats really nice. That interior looks like brand new! People over here would kill for seats in that condition
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Very warm welcome to our forum Ben! :wave

That is an extremely nice looking car you have there, I am not a fan of leather seats, however I currently own a V6 sedan myself. Cloth seats. Very comfortable.

Great engines, some people say they are too restrictive standard but I disagree. Depends on the driving style.

When you say that you have put some heating pipes in for the back, do you mean that it did not have them fitted? My V6 is only the early low-specification model and that has them fitted. I understand that Opel/Vauxhall may have fitted random parts to some vehicles, so that may be why.

I have always wondered why the side repeater (side indicators) are fitted in front of the front wheels, as opposed to our Vectra A's which have them above the side badges next to the doors. (UK)

Best regards. :thumb
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

I dont think the Vectra A had any side repeaters at all. Looks like someones fitted them there.
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

If that's the case, they had a half bottle of scotch prior to doing so...
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

:lol:
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Hello & Welcome :wave
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Welcome to the forum, you have a lovely V6!
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
Vectra V6 CD

Post by Vectra V6 CD »

Thanks for the warm welcome and compliments.
TurboDan wrote:Thats really nice. That interior looks like brand new! People over here would kill for seats in that condition
Yes, the interior still is like brand new.. A lot of people over here are a bit jealous.. I do need to give the interior a proper cleaning..
Cavalier342 wrote:
Great engines, some people say they are too restrictive standard but I disagree. Depends on the driving style.

When you say that you have put some heating pipes in for the back, do you mean that it did not have them fitted? My V6 is only the early low-specification model and that has them fitted. I understand that Opel/Vauxhall may have fitted random parts to some vehicles, so that may be why.

Best regards. :thumb
Well, the engine.. She's lovely.. Except for the big oilleak she got just after I bought her there hasn't been any problem with the engine at all.. She will get some maintenance soon, after the interior is done, so she should be driving like new afterwards.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the heatingpipes to the back. But on one of the junkyards close to my home town I found an old abandoned calibra which still had them.. So I swopped them over.. Most of the Calibra's here got them, most of the Vectra's/MK3's don't.
TurboDan wrote:I dont think the Vectra A had any side repeaters at all. Looks like someones fitted them there.
quote="Cavalier342"]If that's the case, they had a half bottle of scotch prior to doing so...[/quote]

The sideblinkers have been placed by the former owner, definetely not my taste.

Ben