Hello from Brazil! Rafael Malagoli and my 95' Vectra CD

New to the club? Pop in and say hello!

Moderator: Robsey

Rafael Malagoli

Hello from Brazil! Rafael Malagoli and my 95' Vectra CD

Post by Rafael Malagoli »

Hi guys! ..

My car is a Vectra "A" 1995, and I've been following some projects around here for a long time already.

This model was produced by here in Brazil by CKD, with imported parts from Germany / Opel, and sold between 1993 and 1995 in 3 variations: C20NE GLS, C20NE CD and C20XE GSi (That was very similar to MK3 Cav SRi, but without the euro body kit and with standard seats).

My model is a very rare one around here, and has a great history. Was some of the very latest produced models (Registered as 95/96), and owned by the General Motors manufacturer until 2000', when was bought by one chief engineer in GM factory in São Paulo / Brazil. In 2008 the car was sold to a friend that I met in Vectra Club forums, and since then, has been followed by me.

In September / 2013 my friend had to move to another country, Ecuador. As I already was a fan of the car, he asked me if I would interest on buying it, and of course.. I wouldn't let the opportunity pass. By that time I had a Corsa B Wagon, very popular cars here in Brazil and really easy to sell... in just three days I had the free space in my garage and the money to get the Vectra. Since than, I have been taking good care of the car, and soon I'm planning to start some projects above it starting from the next year.

Soon I'll create a topic for my car... But let me show you some in advance:

..and some other things I've been working on, and want to share with you:

:p :p

See you guys! :thumb
1995' Chevrolet Vectra CD 2.0 8v 116hp C20NE
1997' Chevrolet Vectra CD 2.0 16v 141hp X20XEV
2000' Chevrolet Vectra CD 2.2 16v 138hp X22XEV
1989' Chevrolet Monza SL/E 1.8 8v 97hp 18NE

http://www.clubedovectra.com.br - Brasil
Cavalier342

Re: Hello from Brazil! Rafael Malagoli and my 95' Vectra CD

Post by Cavalier342 »

Hello and welcome. Very nice looking example of the Vectra A you have. Simple reliable engines too. These cars never seize to amaze me, there are so many unique stories behind them outside of UK and Europe.

Enjoy your stay here :wave

Andrei.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Hello & Welcome :wave
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

Welcome to the forum! :wave

Lovely looking example you have there, looks practically factory fresh.

Great 3D model work by the way. :thumb
Rafael Malagoli

Post by Rafael Malagoli »

Cavalier342 wrote:Simple reliable engines too..
Yeah, these cars are very reliable and easy to service here in Brazil, besides some trouble we have to find a few parts like VAF sensor or ABS sensors. Everything else is pretty much the same in our Chevrolet Monza 90-95 (MK2 Cavalier with latin america facelift), and share a lot of parts with many others cars based on Opel's from the same era, as Astra, Kadett and Omega.

Thanks!
iangsi wrote:Hello & Welcome :wave
Thank you!
James McGrath wrote:Lovely looking example you have there, looks practically factory fresh.
Great 3D model work by the way.
Thanks! Soon I'll show more details about the 3D and my Vectra.. Just trying to find some spare time here, probably at the end of the week.

There's a few things that's need attention in the car.. but overall condition is really great. Around here, many of these cars still running in good condition. Our climate helps to preserve the chassis and panels, and for brazilian standards, these cars are really expensive to buy.

Just to have an idea, the medium price tag of them are about R$ 11.000,00.. this is equivalent to 14 Minimum Ages here in Brazil, and most people receives less than 2 ages / month. My salary is equivalent to R$1.300,00 / Month, working as financial supervisor in a paint supplier shop. Not cheap at all!...

:wave
1995' Chevrolet Vectra CD 2.0 8v 116hp C20NE
1997' Chevrolet Vectra CD 2.0 16v 141hp X20XEV
2000' Chevrolet Vectra CD 2.2 16v 138hp X22XEV
1989' Chevrolet Monza SL/E 1.8 8v 97hp 18NE

http://www.clubedovectra.com.br - Brasil
ivoet

Post by ivoet »

Looking very nice. Good to know there are still people loving the simplicity and reliability of this car even in Brazil! Greetings from Bulgaria, where i enjoy my Opel Vectra A daily. Looking forward to more posts about that Chevrolet (is that how its badged in Brazil)?