V6 CDX owner saying Hello with first post

New to the club? Pop in and say hello!

Moderator: Robsey

Kinky John

V6 CDX owner saying Hello with first post

Post by Kinky John »

Hello everybody,

I’m a long time forum lurker, and now first time poster. I thought I’d do a post in here first to introduce myself and say hello before I start asking questions and you all think who the hell is this, waltzing in here without so much as a “good morning”, that’s just rude. So a sincere and genuine hello to you all, and thank you in advance for any help that you may give me in the future.

I’ve spent many months searching through old posts in the forums, partly for fun and general research, but partly because I do have a range of questions. So now I’m going to head over to the technical forums and post a few questions in the coming weeks. I’m sure that all of them must have been asked before so I do apologise in advance if I’m asking the same old boring questions, but so I don’t have to caveat every post, I just wanted to say that I have done extensive searching for any answers to my questions before posting.

So the good stuff, my vital stats:

I have a 1995 M Cavalier V6 CDX Hatch Automatic, coming up 110k miles, in Smoke Grey metallic.

I’ve had this wonderful machine for over 10 years now, I got it in Jun 2006 on 99k miles, to replace a Senator. So as you can see by the mileage, it’s not my daily driver. It’s our motorway cruiser for visiting family and holiday wagon, and we’ve taken it to the four corners of the UK, that auto gearbox makes it a pleasure to cruise up, down and around the tight winding hills of Cornwall for example.

My 3 main things that I’ve wanted to sort out for a number of years are:

Get the Air Conditioning working
Install the Trip Computer
Install Cruise Control

The trip computer and cruise control are well documented, I know, and so I’m not going to bore any one about how to go about those two, there are plenty or previous posts about those. However, my first series of posts are probably going to be relating to help with putting the Air Con back into service. I’ve never paid a garage to do any work in my 20 years of driving, so as you can imagine i’m reasonably handy with a can of wd40 and a roll of gaffer tape, but I’ve never done any work on air conditioning.

With that, I’ll stop my boring chatter and move on to the technical forums.

Thanks ladies and gentlemen

Mark
Current Car: 1995 M Cavalier V6 CDX, Hatch, Automatic
iangsi
Club Admin

Re: V6 CDX owner saying Hello with first post

Post by iangsi »

Hello & Welcome :wave Ask as many questions as you like we here to help, pics of your a car are needed though.
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Welcome along to the forum! Looking forwards to seeing photos and helping out with questions.
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
Colorado

Post by Colorado »

Welcome!
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

Hello there and welcome to the club!

Sounds like a great runaround you've got yourself there. A rare one too.

Feel free to make a post in the showroom section, we would love to see a photo or two!
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

Hi & welcome :wave
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt