Joined a year ago but hoping to become more active now!

New to the club? Pop in and say hello!

Moderator: Robsey

nickoliver95

Joined a year ago but hoping to become more active now!

Post by nickoliver95 »

Hey guys... I joined here around a year ago and hoping to become more active! Also hoping to get my first car running (1.8 8v Auto Cavalier)!

So I have this Yellow Cavalier (was a taxi for many years hence the colour) that I posted here about a year ago asking about emissions and such - /viewtopic.php?t=14971

A year on we didn't do a lot really - we cleaned all the interior while trying to keep the rest of it clean but that is about it. Rust started building up in the wheel arches again and under the right side back door. The central locking is still playing up and we want to get it back up and running so we can start using it.

Is there anyone that lives locally (North Bournemouth-SE Dorset) that would be willing to help or know anyone that could help with anything to get it on the road?

Thanks

Nick! :)

1993 1.8 8V Hatchback Cavalier - Yellow

1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster - White/Silver hardtop
humbucker
Club Admin

Re: Joined a year ago but hoping to become more active now!

Post by humbucker »

Hi Nick, welcome back to the club! There are quite a few active members in your neck of the woods, I'm sure they'll be along to say hi shortly. Get some pics up in the projects section :)
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Hi Nick,

Mike lives in Bournemouth and a few of us are up towards Southampton area - TonyO, Pitstopete and myself, Dave.
I'm sure we can help you out with your car. There are a number of thread on this forum pertaining to problems with central locking - if you have a specific problem with it let us know!

Dave
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
nickoliver95

Post by nickoliver95 »

Oh right ok, that is awesome! Also thanks for the welcome back :D

In the previous post I also spoke about an emission problem the car used to have with passing the public transport MOTs. I also never got round to buying a new battery to test the paperclip trick either :/ - So still a work in progress but do hope to be able to get it on the road and fully healthy again! I have bought a air pump for the tyres and intend to get a battery within the next month when I am paid.

Thanks All

Nick :)
1993 1.8 8V Hatchback Cavalier - Yellow

1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster - White/Silver hardtop