Time to Introduce: 1993 Cavalier Owned from new

New to the club? Pop in and say hello!

Moderator: Robsey

Rupsey

Time to Introduce: 1993 Cavalier Owned from new

Post by Rupsey »

Hello,

I have been a member since 2015 but only got up enough courage to post something. Worried I will break the rules or bore everyone!
I have a 1993 (L) Cavalier 2.0 LSI which we have had since new. It was my wife's company car which we then bought when she left. It has just passed 90K miles but it is in pretty good condition. It is completely standard and starts first time every time. I will see about some pictures in due course. Thanks to this board, I have been addressing some of the potential trouble spots. I intend to change the cambelt soon and also the clutch cable needs to be done.
The car has sentimental value as my second daughter was almost born in it!
I have all the bills of work that has been done for 24 years!
Anyway, I need some parts for the car so will put that on the wanted thread.
Rupsey
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: Time to Introduce: 1993 Cavalier Owned from new

Post by Robsey »

It is good to hear that you have benefitted already from our inane ramblings.

2.0 litre LS - a good sturdy work horse.
Don't particularly envy you regarding the clutch cable. Mine was a total pain to do, but I can make anything look hard work.

Not a fantastic job for your back - ferreting about in the footwell trying to release and then refit the cable end onto the clutch pedal.

The Cam / timing belt is a doddle to do, as long as you have all the correct tools and assuming that you have the 8 valve engine.
(C20NE).
Will it be just the belt ?,
or the belt, tensioner and water pump for completeness and peace of mind.?

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
You are one of the few people on here to have had the car in your ownership for more than 20 years.

I totally agree with the sentimental value - after so many years, it almost becomes part of the family.
iangsi
Club Admin

Re: Time to Introduce: 1993 Cavalier Owned from new

Post by iangsi »

Hello & Welcome :wave Glad we've been able to help in some small way & don't worry about posting & boring us there's a thread on here dedicated to cakes :scratch