A German driving Cavalier ehm Vectra...

New to the club? Pop in and say hello!

Moderator: Robsey

Tobias_CDX

A German driving Cavalier ehm Vectra...

Post by Tobias_CDX »

Hello all!

My name is Tobias, I am 37 and living in Leipzig. My first car back in 1999 was a 1994 Vectra CDX 2.0i co-sponsored by my grandpa. Drove it until 2009 caused by failed MOT and missing money for repairs. "Grandpa" is stored since then in a garage and waiting for better times...
Meanwhile I drove a worn Astra Mk3 Saloon 1.6 for small bucks until MOT was due. Repairs were not worth it - so I scrapped it. Over a year or more I had no car.
Third car was then a 2000 Corsa 5-door. My other grandpa bequeathed it to me in 2012. Very good condition and just 32,000 miles on the clock.

Back in 2015 I bought a Vectra CDX 2.0 16V at Ebay. Purchased with engine or transmission problems nearly blind with only a few pics at the auction. Stored since then in a garage and waiting for better times... (sounds familiar?)

In 2016 friend of mine donated me his 1998 Volvo V70 2.5. Became my daily driver and wasted a lot of money for repairs. And last but not least I bought a 1997 Volvo S70 2.5T in November 2016. Stored since then in a garage and waiting for better times... (sounds familiar too?) ;)
Five cars - two running and three waiting. :oops:

But times are getting better - the CDX 2.0 16V will be the first restoration project. Soon I will upload some pictures and informations starting with a new thread in "Projects and restorations".
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: A German driving Cavalier ehm Vectra...

Post by Robsey »

Welcome to the forum Tobias.

Waiting for better times -
A familiar phrase for many of us.
Along with "waiting for pay day" or
"waiting for good weather."

Looking forward to seeing your work in progress thread.

Regards,
Rob :wave :thumb
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Welcome Tobias.
Sounds like you have quite a fleet of cars! Look forwards to seeing your photos.
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
Tobias_CDX

Post by Tobias_CDX »

What the ...? I really bought the 16V back in 2013 already. :shock: As times goes by.... :D

Familiar phrase in Germany:
Much month left after the end of the money. :lol: