Hello from Shetland

New to the club? Pop in and say hello!

Moderator: Robsey

Peter_Robertson

Hello from Shetland

Post by Peter_Robertson »

Hi lads and ladies

Just joined the forum tonight hoping I might be able to find myself another Cav, either an SRi or a V6.
I've had a good few over the years...MK2 SRi130 saloon, a couple of GSi's, a 4x4 Turbo and a few lower spec models but got a severe itch for another so let me know what's out there.
Got around £1200 to spend and would prefer something in Scotland if possible. :D

Cheers
Cavalier342

Re: Hello from Shetland

Post by Cavalier342 »

Welcome to the forum.

As far as I can tell, they are going up in price, especially the good ones, so good luck with your hunt.

Andrei.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Hello & Welcome, be patient something will turn up when you least expect it to.
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

Also don't rule out the standard cars. Particuarly my 2.0 8 valve is more than adequate for modern traffic and good on fuel too. Plus the standard ones are less likely to of been ragged round mc donalds car parks, particularly if you buy off the original old owner. They are still out there just few and far between.
Peter_Robertson

Post by Peter_Robertson »

3cav3 wrote:Also don't rule out the standard cars. Particuarly my 2.0 8 valve is more than adequate for modern traffic and good on fuel too. Plus the standard ones are less likely to of been ragged round mc donalds car parks, particularly if you buy off the original old owner. They are still out there just few and far between.
I'm really wanting nothing less than SRi spec tbh, having said that I would be happy with a GLS but nothing less as I prefer higher than poverty spec cars so would end up costing a lot to get up to better spec model trim etc.
I've had a few 20SEH engines which are great so would certainly have another ;)