Hello from Serbia

New to the club? Pop in and say hello!

Moderator: Robsey

Vladanman

Hello from Serbia

Post by Vladanman »

Hi everyone. My name is Vladan, I am from Serbia. I am 34year old.You can call me Vlad :D I am a proud owner of an Opel Vectra A ;) or a Cavalier mk3 if you wish. My first car was Cavalier mk3 1.6i c16nz engine and no equipment , wich I had since 2007 until 2014, at some point swapped c16nz with c20xe. That car with only 1050kg's was fast! I sold it when i saw this one and kept my c20xe, beacuse XE ond this car was at the end of it's life. Car was originally turbo 4x4 (c20let), but it has been swapped to c20xe, by previous owner and some parts for 4x4 are missing, so it doesen't work. This car has changed several hands an many "experts'' worked on it. Due to the fact that this particular model is rare here and it is a reasonably fast car, people drove it like they' ve stole it. So it has alot a problems. Soooo, it's far from perfect but this model is my ''first love'' so I don't mind. It also has a a/c, leather seats, el windows and el. side mirrors and irmscher powercap. I bought it :D I am trying my best to bring it in the best possible working order

Sorry for my bad English and bad photos
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: Hello from Serbia

Post by Robsey »

Welcome to the forum Vlad.
:wave

Your English is far better than my Serbian.

It is a nice looking car despite the many problems that your mention.
Cavaliers Vectra-As are very easy to work on, so much more interesting than modern boxes of complicated electronics.

Feel free to make a WIP (Work In Progress) thread of your work on the car.
Mazza

Post by Mazza »

Welcome and hello

Lots of knowledgeable people here on the site.

I’ve also got a cavalier turbo and fixing her up at the moment.... you can follow the story (and others) and are updated regularly - fun times!
Vladanman

Post by Vladanman »

Yes there are knowledgeable people here. I know that. :D Thank you for your welcome. Car is going to the shop probably on sutarday, where I plan to repair a handbrake, front wheel bearings, and to adjust idle, it's little restless :). And I will probably buy those ''propeler'' rims that humbucker? have.
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Hello & Welcome :wave
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

If the engine is a little restless, it may be something like a good service that is needed.

If the revs dip at regular intervals, it could be a vacuum problem / air leak in the throttle body or inlet manifold.
Vladanman

Post by Vladanman »

I'll check everything, and then we'll see what is causing the problem. Thanks for support :)