Help wanted to keep my cavalier back on the road

New to the club? Pop in and say hello!

Moderator: Robsey

Ruffysethos

Help wanted to keep my cavalier back on the road

Post by Ruffysethos »

Hiya. One of my 2 cavaliers that are on the road decided that it wanted to dump it's coolant in the fast lane and before i could get to hard shoulder it overheated. Being an auto I had to keep going till I could get to hard shoulder as happily they decided to have loads of roadworks. Any way I neef a C1.8NZ engine as mine now cattle trucked. My cav is a L plate auto and I'm in West sussex. Any help please. I now only have one cavalier on the road unhappy days. Still got my nova and astra g to use. Please help cheers.
Cavalier342

Re: Help wanted to keep my cavalier back on the road

Post by Cavalier342 »

Hi, sorry to hear about your troubles.

Have you inspected the engine block or had it inspected by a mechanic? Could just need a new head gasket and a few other bits and pieces, it could well be less expensive and easier to repair rather than replace as these blocks are usually bullet proof.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
James McGrath
Club Admin

Re: Help wanted to keep my cavalier back on the road

Post by James McGrath »

Sorry to hear the bad news.
Likely the 1.8 is a pretty common engine that was also used in the Astra. Have a look on some of the big scrap yard websites like 247 spares they might have a few.

Alternately, this might be the time to consider an upgrade to a C20NE. If you have to change the engine anyway then it's worth considering.