Hello Mk 3 Fans. Returning Member.

New to the club? Pop in and say hello!

Moderator: Robsey

Roadie49

Hello Mk 3 Fans. Returning Member.

Post by Roadie49 »

Good morning fellow Cavalier lovers.

As you might guess, I use my old Cavalier to carry my group gear about. A lot less these days, as we are sort of an acoustic band now. People are amazed at how much I can pack into my '95 Expression and still have room for a driver and passenger. It's the family workhorse, too. A most excellent design. This is my second Cavalier, and both have been excellent, reliable cars. I'm hoping to hang on the old machine for a while yet.

Chuck :wave
Cavalier342

Re: Hello Mk 3 Fans. Returning Member.

Post by Cavalier342 »

Hi and welcome to the forum. It is surprising how much cargo the hatchbacks can take in, especially with the rear seats folded flat, I've done many council tip runs in mine, practicality is what it's all about!

Stick around and enjoy it here.

Andrei.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Roadie49

Post by Roadie49 »

Thanks, I will. That's what I said about being the family workhorse. They all make fun of the old car, unless they need large items moved, or trips to the tip.

Cheers,

Chuck
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Ain't that the truth!
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Welcome back. :wave

My Cavalier is my work horse too.
It takes a lot of punishment, but gets pampered now and again too.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your jalopy. :cool
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

Hello and welcome :wave

Same here, It's my only car and does similar mileage, and there's years left in it yet, fingers crossed ( and preventive maintenance ;) )!

Luckily my brother and sister have moved away, had families and then learned to drive, so I'm no longer needed to move stuff (why was it always washing machines)?
Nowadays, since the modern trend for cars on steroids their cars are bigger, even some minis are bigger than my cav!

matt
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
Roadie49

Post by Roadie49 »

For many years, I didn't have a car, as I always needed a van for my group activities. I had some good old machines, though they were used more for shifting furniture for friends, rather than moving our group gear. We used to have a wall of sound made up of all our instrument amplification and a large WEM PA system. There was over a ton of gear. Now that I'm older and the sight of seven flights of stairs scares the crap out of me, we have a tiny PA and have gone almost acoustic. This all fits very neatly into the Cavalier. It is still quite an impressive load, but the wall of sound has been relegated to history, though some is still hiding at the back of the garage. The Garage Wall Of Sound! I certainly can't get a car in there any more. Not since my Cavalier 2. I keep all my models in there now. I have been building model kits for about 60 years and have a lot of completed ones. Hundreds of them. They are now neatly boxed and stored away along one side of the garage. This leaves a bit of working space on the other side. The Cavalier is also excellent for carrying boxes of models to shows. Now that the clutch is finally sorted, with a Calibra one, I'm good for another few miles yet.

Currently, I have 130,000 on the clock. The cylinder head came off a couple of years back and was completely refurbished. The bores were good and she burns no oil. I only do about 6,000 miles a year since my semi retirement, so we can grow old together. Hoping to get a couple of new doors soon and a new driver's seat. The seat is the most worn part of the car. Apart from the usual bits and pieces and the new clutch, she is still all original, though the kids refer to her as Trigger's Broom.

Cavaliers forever!