Hi from bilbao cav owners

New to the club? Pop in and say hello!

Moderator: Robsey

BasqueMK3SRI

Hi from bilbao cav owners

Post by BasqueMK3SRI »

hi, first sorry for my english level mates!!!
i am a 28 years old boy from bilbao, spain,member of vectra A club from spain, and ive got a 92 vectra gt, in u.k. cavalier sri, with a 20seh engine,with 300.000 kms.
i bought it 5 years ago to a friend, and I am restoring it
when i bought the car my intention was make a 1995 clelands btcc champion cavalier replica, and slowly i am getting it,i got the rear stripe and front grill painted in yellow, 5 spoke oz chronos, and renault 21 rear wing to fix in my cavalier
i hope to learn something more about our car and make some friends away from spain
BasqueMK3SRI

Re: Hi from bilbao cav owners

Post by BasqueMK3SRI »

I dont know how post images of my car, sorry....
BasqueMK3SRI

Post by BasqueMK3SRI »

I am looking for post images, but my mobile dont left me sign in at the upload devices.... I continue trying it when i recuperate my pc
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Buenos tardes!

Welcome to the forum. I like your idea of the project, BTCC replica, very nice plan.

You will find lots of information here about technical things, take a look around.

To upload photos here, you need to have either Photobucket, Flickr, or an account for a photo hosting website, on which you have your photos. If you store your photos online, you can copy the image address link from the photos and copy the link to here using the "Img" button above the text area when you make a post.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Welcome to our friendly forum. :wave

Your English is much better than my Spanish. :thumb

I use postimage for my pictures, but problems may be caused by internet settings on your device or poor upload speed.
I am sure you will manage to post after a few more attempts.
BasqueMK3SRI

Post by BasqueMK3SRI »

Thanks for the welcome guys!!!
I will try to upload photos from my pc, is better than my telephone jeje
I visit this website a few times, to look another cavaliers and i loved some of the btcc replicas i see, a very nice jobs, here in spain we dont have any race replicas, only a few but the result is not the same like there
I must say, when all vectra owners here put a gsi kit on their 8v, y bought my car with it, and i sold the kit to put a facelift gt bumpers in my prefacelift sri
The idea of a clelands cavalier replica is because when i was a child, i remember to see the supertouring battles in youtube, and the image i more remenber is a white and yellow cavalier over two wheels on circuits
A little question i have is, if i have pics of my cavalier on facebook, i can post it capying image url???
Thanks
BasqueMK3SRI

Post by BasqueMK3SRI »

BasqueMK3SRI

Post by BasqueMK3SRI »

I put this from facebook, here is my car, the proyect is long, but some day i will put renault 21 rear wing in black, and i was trying to get golf gti mk2 front splitter to make a btcc front bumper style splitter, the mirrors i have a pair of ones what i was painting in yellow
BasqueMK3SRI

Post by BasqueMK3SRI »

Another pic from the rear side, image took by a work mate in one of opel meet here in bilbao, i liked so much
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Yes, the super touring days of BTCC were and still are iconic and the best remembered era. There will never be anything like it again. Credit to you for taking this project on.

Car looks nice, looks like you still have some work to do.

I've been to Spain a few times and really like it there, cheap beer, friendly people, and such a more comfortable atmosphere than anything I've seen here. Can't remember if I ever went to Bilbao but have been on holiday to Alicante, Jerez and Vejer de la Frontera.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
BasqueMK3SRI

Post by BasqueMK3SRI »

Hi!!!
My project never ends, i think, always something to do,something to repair, but i like it,and someday i hope to finish the work
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Hello & Welcome :wave
BasqueMK3SRI

Post by BasqueMK3SRI »

Thanks for the welcome model mates!!!
BrendonH

Post by BrendonH »

BasqueMK3SRI wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:18 pm Thanks for showing everyone the results of Ligandrol and for the welcome model mates!!!
Very cool car you have there bro. I was actually visiting Bilbao a couple of years ago. I wish I had known there was a healthy Opel scene there. Do you guys meet regularly?
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

Hi and welcome :thumb
How is your project going?
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
BasqueMK3SRI

Post by BasqueMK3SRI »

Hi!!!!!
Of course brendon,the opel owners of the zone meet every friday in one parking,and the vectra A owners meet every year in zaragoza,and sometimes in the year in other places only to eat and speak without use our whatsapp group
Ilovedmymantas,my btcc proyect goes slow,but it goes.the last things i make is put the opel logo on the roof,paint in yellow the mirrors and fit eibach springs
Bye mates!!!!