Hi everyone.

New to the club? Pop in and say hello!

Moderator: Robsey

Oggy 1978

Hi everyone.

Post by Oggy 1978 »

Hi i'm Duane from Derby, i recently had the opportunity to aquire a mk3 cavalier sri 16v a vehicle which i have missed since i had to sell my mk2 sri when i was 20. In the meantime i have had several carltons and an astra gte, even my first car was a 1.3 mk2 cavalier saloon. The mk3 cavalier sri 16v i have acquired is a preserved west yorkshire police car which i have now started to remove all the police livery ( and most of the paint ), light bar and all the other police gubbins it is definitely a work in progress but i am getting there and it has just passed the dreaded mot but then the abs light has decided to stay on ( abs module rh front solenoid fault ) so it is off the road again until i can source or repair the module which is proving very difficult. Anyway glad to be cav owner again.
iangsi
Club Admin

Re: Hi everyone.

Post by iangsi »

Hi and Welcome, got any photos of your car 🚗 ?
Oggy 1978

Post by Oggy 1978 »

Hi, yes i have got photos i will try to upload some as soon as i learn how, i'm utterly useless with technology lol.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Welcome to the forum...

There are threads for uploading pictures from external picture hosting sites.
See the stickied posts at the top of the page linked below.

viewforum.php?f=70

Looking forward to seeing your car, and any plans going ahead :)
Oggy 1978

Post by Oggy 1978 »

I have hopefully put a couple of pics onto projects and runarounds hopefully the link works.
Mk3alan

Post by Mk3alan »

Nice! Hopefully being ex fuzz it should have been looked after - where's it been till you aquired it?

Alan
Oggy 1978

Post by Oggy 1978 »

Yes it has been looked after mechanically but it did a stint in filming apparently and the bodywork took a bit of bashing no real rot or anything just a million different shades of white when parts were wafted over with whatever to look good on camera. From what i understand when the police sold it off it was stripped and used as a road car, then it sold and fully restored back to a police car with no expense spared it did the show circuit for a while, then changed owners where it did a stint filming ( not to sure what it was in) and shows it was then purchased by my father who used it for shows with PCUK . When covid happened it got parked up and my father tried to sell it to other police car enthusiasts but only got offered silly money for it. All the time my father owned it i pestered him to sell it me so i can but it back to standard and use it as a daily and he eventually caved luckily for me
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

Hi and welcome :wave
It's had a bit of a chequered history then :D
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt