2 More vauxhalls soon to be rescued.

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

Super89

2 More vauxhalls soon to be rescued.

Post by Super89 »

1993? K reg Cavalier 1.8i LS Saloon 74k miles, Has been sitting in a farmers yard for the last 5+ years. The condtion of this car is brillant. The sills and rear arches are near perfect under the boot area is also very good indeed. Colour is 'lagoon blue' which looks very nice.

The 2nd Vauxhall is a 1988? F reg Vauxhall Belmont GL 1600cc, This car is in not so good condition. No plans for this one apart from washing it and maybe getting it running.

I'm hoping to pick them up after boxing day. I will then start new topics for each car.
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: 2 More vauxhalls soon to be rescued.

Post by Robsey »

Don't know why, but I always liked the Astra-E (mk2) in it's Belmont guise.
Not seen one for about 20 years, so will be nice if it is in good enough condition for a viable restoration.
I do hope so - I am really keen to see it finished.

Both cars look like they will make fantastic projects.
Cav sounds like it is more or less a freshen up, service and replace tired rubber parts.
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

You sir are building up quite a collection.
Super89

Post by Super89 »

I wont be having the Belmont its just way to much work welding and paint wise. Still having the Cavalier. Going to pick it up some time next week. They guy also has a few other cars sitting around one of them is another old Vauxhall. A 1992 Astra Saloon 'turbo' diesel in red.. Started right up with a good battery fitted first time in 7 years. I would like to save that as i did like my diesel Cavalier but the guy wants to much money for it. So looks like its the Cavalier that will be coming home with me next week!
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

A shame that the Belmont is too far gone. Always had a soft spot for them. They look pretty cool in SRi guise.