Cavaliers in film & TV

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

carlos_canter

Cavaliers in film & TV

Post by carlos_canter »

Never realised how many cavaliers have been in films and tv, theres a fair amount of MK 1 & 2's but a number of MK 3's.

To tell you the truth, ive only ever noticed the mk 3 in "shaun of the dead"

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?make= ... 2636029b13
"Redefining success since 1981"
humbucker
Club Admin

Re: Cavaliers in film & TV

Post by humbucker »

ah i remember this one very well indeed! maureen off of 'driving school' nearly taking out a cavalier. classic. her husband was screaming at her at the top of his lungs hahahaa!

humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

ahhh brilliant i found it!!! hahaha! her husband screaming is classic! she was the first reality tv star really (but sadly not the last!). didn't it take her about 30 attempts at her license til she passed or something. world's worst driver etc hahaha!

worth watching the whole thing, but the cavalier nearly being killed is about a minute in! :lol:

Link
jambo_sri130

Post by jambo_sri130 »

I love watchin programmes like Traffic Cops and all that stuff. Especially when they show real old footage. The wife sits and shakes her head every time i point out a cav in tha background lol
Sticking feathers up your arse does not make you a chicken!
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

mrs ilovemyelite and i are massive fans of curb your enthusiasm. in the last series larry gets himself a toyota prius and suggests that prius drivers are unlike any other road user and he mistakenly thinks they say hello to one another when the pass, 'hey prius'. he gets very very upset when he says 'hey prius' to other drivers in the same car and they don't say it back.

subsequently we can be found sayin 'hey cav' each time we pass a mk3 on the road... hehe... oh the anonymity of the internet does afford one such wild and carefree admissions hahaha
branny361

Post by branny361 »

there were 2 cavs on that robbie coltrain show last night called murder ***** something or other
now running a swedish vauxhall...

the old cav vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYC4wHjqAhw

the new saab vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-K5L6UDGFk
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

remember watchin a repeat of Police camera action a few months back and tghere was a stolen Hatch SRI. god that thing could shift. Over speed bumps and 30MPH, over feilds, smashing past concrete bolards. . . . . . Great stuff.
C30XE
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

HAIRIBO wrote:Over speed bumps and 30MPH, over feilds, smashing past concrete bolards. . . . . . Great stuff.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

jambo_sri130 wrote:I love watchin programmes like Traffic Cops and all that stuff. Especially when they show real old footage. The wife sits and shakes her head every time i point out a cav in tha background lol
I always shout out "CAV" when i see one on the tv or a film, but then again i do that when i see one on the road as well :oops: :oops:
Colorado

Post by Colorado »

We do spot the Cav
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Hell ye, everytime i see one i'm like :D and if i rarely see one on tv, its always traffic cops or some other police program where they get driven over fields and through stuff :( exciting to see, but it damn right hurts me inside. The fact of the matter is, its is a fantastic car so foolish idiots who want to steal cars, would choose them unfortunately. It fills me with joy seeing them driven around normally, and tears me apart when i see one being done in in someway
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Squig

Post by Squig »

Link
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G2PkcqLUUPw&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G2PkcqLUUPw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Awesomely nice drive, check the guys Nurburg HD vids... ps this vid is all HD and huge so it will take a while to load
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

sounds awesome :D The noise of course, not the music lol
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

Cavalier342 wrote: The fact of the matter is, its is a fantastic car so foolish idiots who want to steal cars, would choose them unfortunately.
It aint the fact that there fantastic cars, dont get me wrong, they are, there too easy to nick!

I was wiring in my stereo before i bought the right harness and i joined the wires to provide a permanent feed, the ignition came on.
I was changing the interior light and fitting the sunvisors and 2 wires touched, the ignition came on.

Theres so many back doors on vauxhall wiring looms its unbelievable.

And i always play spot the cav!
"Redefining success since 1981"
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Squig wrote:
Link
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G2PkcqLUUPw&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G2PkcqLUUPw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Awesomely nice drive, check the guys Nurburg HD vids... ps this vid is all HD and huge so it will take a while to load

Obviosely left hand drive cars don't suffer from the squeaky clutch or cracked dash!
k1ngy

Post by k1ngy »

i have to admit i also spot cavaliers
loving cavaliers since 1978