Just been watching "Kill it, cook it, eat it" and...

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

Squig

Just been watching "Kill it, cook it, eat it" and...

Post by Squig »

...I'm truly appalled at the horror these poor animals endure before arriving at your plate!..

Nah, I'm kidding... I love meat and would happily kill my own food! The reason for the obscure post is; did a search to see if Em and I could go on the show, and found a veggie forum with some of the most ridiculous arguements against meat eating.

An excerpt from an anonymous user's post;
"to me we are a member of the animal species & that's why I cant eat another animal or human, be it an animal that has become domesticated & regarded as pets. my line of distinction is clear but how many of the people who tucked into the cooked flesh of the cow, licking their lips in approval, would eat their dog or recently deceased family member??"
Dismantled and ripped to pieces;
"to me we are a member of the animal species & thats why i cant eat another animal or human..." - erm... is this idiot aware of predators and carnivores in the animal kingdom? I'm sure tigers can't eat plant life exclusively and survive, and do they really believe an animal chased over many kilometres then torn into by 4-5 inch razor sharp claws and asphyxiated by massive teeth is less stressed then an animal stunned into unfeeling oblivion?
"..., be it an animal that has become domesticated & regarded as pets." - surely he means "that has or hasn't", muppet...
"my line of distinction is clear but how many of the people who tucked into the cooked flesh of the cow, licking their lips in approval, would eat their dog or recently deceased family member??" - Point one, me if the dog was specifically raised for food and not company... a dead dog seldom is good company, but may make an acceptable meal. Point 2, cannibalism is wrong on both moral and medical reasons, humans cannot process certain proteins found in human flesh and attempting this invariably leads to madness and or death.

...and this isn't the worst argument on there.

FAO veggies; this post isn't intended to cause an argument (maybe a discussion) and I do respect a persons choice to a diet of their own choosing, but why is there so much stupidity surrounding vegetarians and their opinion on an omnivorous diet?
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Re: Just been watching "Kill it, cook it, eat it" and...

Post by Envoy CDX »

Aye. theres some weirdo's out there.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

i watched the one with the lambs, it made me sick to be honest, so much so that im considering giving up meat. i had to turn my face away. couldnt bring myself to watch the one with the pigs. Now im not usually squeamish about things like that, cos if you eat meat you should no how it gets to your table, not just the "nice" side where you buy it in the supermarket and dont have to think about how it got there.

it ws the legs twitching and the breathing of the lambs (the death rasp) that made me physically feel sick :sick . So much so im thinking about giving meat up.
k1ngy

Post by k1ngy »

i watched this with my kids so they could understand how our meat reaches our table, though a little freeked out at first but i think they got the just of it

some of these vegies are way of in their way of thinking
loving cavaliers since 1978
Squig

Post by Squig »

FoxyCav wrote:i watched the one with the lambs, it made me sick to be honest, so much so that im considering giving up meat. i had to turn my face away. couldnt bring myself to watch the one with the pigs. Now im not usually squeamish about things like that, cos if you eat meat you should no how it gets to your table, not just the "nice" side where you buy it in the supermarket and dont have to think about how it got there.

it ws the legs twitching and the breathing of the lambs (the death rasp) that made me physically feel sick :sick . So much so im thinking about giving meat up.
If you'd watched the pigs you'd see they "try" and run... they never attempted to right themselves. They were dead prior to bleeding. As were the cattle and lambs, none of them tried to get upright, which is the first concious reflex. They were all displaying unconscious actions associated with the fight or fight type of reflex.
I don't think (and this is my opinion here folks) feeling squeamish should influence a decision to eat animal flesh, the decision, if made at all, should be geared toward lifestyle of the animal. I.e. purchasing meat from producers who don't operate en-masse, and therefore supporting those who care more for the animal while it's alive. Or base the decision on flavour preference.

When all is said and done if the human race was all veggie, these animals wouldn't exist at all... so by eating them after a certain lifespan they are actually getting to live, be it a shorter healthier, happier life for the most part (thinking smaller scale farming here). So bear in mind veggies you are actually supporting the mass genocide of all animals considered a food source! It's a twisted logic but true nevertheless...
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

i used to be a veggie though, and i love animals ive got tons of them after all :lol: im not niave ive watched the programs before and it never bothered me, but i actually love lambs and it made me feel sick, i didnt watch the pigs, i just couldnt do it. im not burying my head in the sand either, im aware of what happens but i think its a choice and id rather not see it, doesnt mean im not aware of what happens.i also found it rather irritating watching the meat eaters kind of gloating in front of the 2 vegans as they tucked into there dinners.
carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

Its crazy but its some ones belief and right to be a veggie, if they dont like the thought of animals being killed for food, then fine, but you dont see me rallying for the rights of carrots!

Some people like red, some like blue, some are lefty's some are righty's.
"Redefining success since 1981"