Anyone know these guys? I felt very sorry

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

torsion

Anyone know these guys? I felt very sorry

Post by torsion »

http://images.google.com.tr/imgres?imgu ... s%3Disch:1

Do not speed on irrelevant roads.

Anyone know these guys? ;(

I have never seen burnt vectra a before
Cars I run
-Vectra GL 2.0 8v 93
-Vectra GT C20XE 93
-Calibra C20XE SE1 pack 93
FoxyCav

Re: Anyone know these guys? I felt very sorry

Post by FoxyCav »

bloody hell, that looks nasty. Cant say i know them, but obviously there isnt much info on the story etc.
bloody terrible waste of life
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Thats insane. Waste of a good car there. But i dont believe that Cavs can "lose control while negotiating a slight bend" they must of been drunk and took a wrong line. Also, taking out half a house and 2 pillars shows there was good speed involved there.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Poor cav. You cant be going slowly to loose control of a 4x4.
C30XE
carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

Any car can lose control while negotiating the slightest corner.

They could of had a blow out,
An animal could of ran into the road,
Another person could of ran into the road,
They may of been pissed, but then again, they may not of been,
Could of been another car involved
Serious mechanical failure with the car, if its a 4x4 the front or rear diff could of locked etc etc.

Theres an infinite number of scenario's that could of happened, but more than likely the exact truth will never be known, unfortunate death and 2 lives claimed by the road.
"Redefining success since 1981"
Ads

Post by Ads »

this happened in ireland a few month back, yes its a cav 4x4, but whos to say the 4 wheel drive was working, quite a few dont, and really it dosnt really matter about the car, its only peices of metal, whats a pity is two young lives where lost, regardless of whose fault it was, Ads
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

To be honest, when i'm cruising in my Cav watching a gorgeous sunset with my fav tunes on, i wish my life would end before my Cav's. Means everything to me. Dont know how many people feel the same, but i wouldnt be in this club if i didnt love my Cav. Its just a bit more than a bit of metal to me.
Andrei. :wave
Previous:

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

Seriously, thats a little over the top.

Im guessing its your first car, or first BIG car.
Christ, ive loved all of my cars and have never sold one on, I loved my first car, i even popped my cherry in it! But wishing youd die before your car?

My car means everything to me, my truck did and still does but she wont be put back on the road and im glad she looked after me when i had the smash and kept going to catch the basterd up.

A car is a piece of metal, how ever you look at it, its a tool, a material object, a money pit, its expendable, your life or any human life isnt.
"Redefining success since 1981"
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

with that attitude im not doing any more bits for your cav carl!
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Gotta agree with carl, your lifes worth more than a car hun, we all love our Cav's but id rather you where ok than your car. A car can be replaced you cant :thumb
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

I know, but nobody knows how much my Cav means to me. I just want to keep it running as long as possible. I dont mean literaly i want to die, i just mean if like something did happen, i'd want my Cav to still be standing proudly. It's certainly not my first car, and i know cars can be replaced, but this is the one car that would stay with me forever.
Previous:

Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

I understand both sides of this..

I too love my Cavalier, true it's a very tired old car with a few rust patches...but then I have spent hours lovingly cleaning and modifying it.
When you put so much time, enthusiasm and general care into something..it can become part of you....

I was distraught last year when I thought my Cavalier would have to be scrapped after 14 years loyal service and 213,000 miles...so much so that I had the car repaired to hopefully see another few years service.

However, these chaps are someone's family members...
Had they been my family members then I would be more than distraught.

My feelings though, are that by the noise...it could only have been due to excessive speed, possibly mixed with a brief distraction from concentration on the road

A sad waste of a possibly very nice car, but especially two lives.
andysri

Post by andysri »

tragic is all i can say
cars to date
Nova 1.0, omega 2.0 16v manual, carlton diplomat, cavailer GL 2.0i, omega 2.0 16v auto, nova 1.2.
Current car, blue cavalier 2.0 sri 8v, Red cav sri 8v now stripped+gone vx4/90 arrived!

complete cav sri interior up for grabs
Ads

Post by Ads »

Cavalier342 wrote:To be honest, when i'm cruising in my Cav watching a gorgeous sunset with my fav tunes on, i wish my life would end before my Cav's. Means everything to me. Dont know how many people feel the same, but i wouldnt be in this club if i didnt love my Cav. Its just a bit more than a bit of metal to me.
Andrei. :wave
ive spent thousands on my cav turbo, and i dont think i will ever get rid of it to me its irreplaceable, but at the end of the day it only metal parts put together, human life is far more inportant. Ads
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

I my car was stolen and the person crash and died. I wouldn't be feeling sorry for the guy. In fact I'd be glad i didnt have to do the job my self.

Do you feel sorry for a smack head that overdoses?

I'm buy no way saying these two lads stole that cav turbo tho.

Yes ppl die on the road yes its a shame for lose of life. butits human nature that if you didnt know the person it really dosent affect you.

But no body likes to see a object get distroyed.

Weather it be the dismantling of a great ship. a old building being pulled down. or a classic car being trashed.

For some reason we humans often get attatched to no living things.

RIP the two young lads.

And RIP the cav turbo.

It truley is a rare beast now.
C30XE
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Couldnt agree more there.
Previous:

damien roe

Post by damien roe »

im from ireland and no the car wasn,t stolen just to clear that and what happened was the car hit the wall backwards and the fuel tank exploded the car was burnt as far as the windscreen from the windscreen to the headlights was perfect not a mark
andysri

Post by andysri »

HAIRIBO wrote:I my car was stolen and the person crash and died. I wouldn't be feeling sorry for the guy. In fact I'd be glad i didnt have to do the job my self.

Yes ppl die on the road yes its a shame for lose of life. butits human nature that if you didnt know the person it really dosent affect you.

Weather it be the dismantling of a great ship. a old building being pulled down. or a classic car being trashed.

RIP the two young lads.

And RIP the cav turbo.

so true
cars to date
Nova 1.0, omega 2.0 16v manual, carlton diplomat, cavailer GL 2.0i, omega 2.0 16v auto, nova 1.2.
Current car, blue cavalier 2.0 sri 8v, Red cav sri 8v now stripped+gone vx4/90 arrived!

Ads

Post by Ads »

HAIRIBO wrote:I my car was stolen and the person crash and died. I wouldn't be feeling sorry for the guy. In fact I'd be glad i didnt have to do the job my self.

RIP the two young lads.

And RIP the cav turbo.

what the f-ck has smackheads got to do with two kids killed in a car crash, they own car may i add ,not stolen, so what if cav turbo sare getting rare, this is human life we are talking about, they were proberly speeding, but be truthful we have all done it, and i wonder if so many people would be bothered about the cav if it was there relation or some one they knew, dont think so somehow. Ads
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

You obviously didnt read my statement properly.

I was talking about human nature of emotion about being attatched to none living objects.

Yes we all feel sorry for the two loses of live.

Nobody said anything about the car being stolen, or about the identity of the ppl in the car.
Do you ever think shame about the car?

I wasnt saying how cares about the 2 lads!

I stated the fact its a sorry lose of life. But also its another rare car/object of peice of metal gone.

F@cking hunderds of ppl died on the tintanic. And ppl still think its a tragic lose of live, and ppl think a tragic lose of a great ship.

We are all on here because we like cavaliers.

The reason the photo was put up was because it was a cavalier!

Yes we all drive past car accidents and think "Poor bastard, Glad I wasn't in that, Hope the person walked away!"

But the fact it was a cav, also makes us think. "One less"
C30XE
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

You took the words right from my mouth there, Hairibo. I'm just glad someone understand my side of this.
Andrei.
Previous:

HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

No problesm mate.

I knew no one was belittling the fact two people died tragically.

Alot of us have had moments in our cars were we've thought "bye bye world", guess thats being young and being behind the wheel of a car.

I've slit on ice before and crashed at slow speed into a parked car. Was my fault driving to fast in the wrong conditions. Also I had a car go in the side of me and if a hadn'e have swerved it would have been a head on 30mph crash. luckerly i moved and he hit the side of me.

Some things are down your driver error and sometimes its the fault of the other driver. Sometimes its a fault with the car.

I admit that as soon as you here about an accident involing one car. most of us assume it was driver error. because we all know of people who a a storey of how they "Were tanking it down a lane, lost control and hit a tree"

But some people walk away. and hold their hand sup and say yeah I was going too fast for the conditions.

going 60mph round some bents in national speed limit can be seen as dangerous driving in the wrong conditions or if its a tight bend etc. A few years ago a girl was done for dangers driving after she lost control of her car doing 50mph in a 60. The crash killed 2 of her passangers.

I dont drive over fast with anyone else in the car. When I'm on my own with music up then yes in the past i've done stuff that could have went wrong. but we all no the risk.

I'm no angle I admit that. Guess its part of growing up.

What ever led to that crash in that photo, its obviously was going at a far speed in order to do the damage it did. We'll never know if it was a fault with the car, something in the or just driver error.

Its just another waste of human life.

But I doubt it will put anyone of driving, and I bet someone of us will still drive fast, and sometime too fast for the roads we are on.

30mph out side a school is too fast. 110mph in busy motorway is too fast.

50mph round tight bents is too fast.

But we humans dont always play safe. thats What makes us human.

We smoke, we drink, we take drugs, take part in extreme sports.

Many things that have the chance of killing us.

Driving to work can kill you. Your car could loose brakes on the motorway! (Mr Toyota)

We were wrong to judge the crash and say it was the drivers fault. But we've seen it happen so many times before.
h
Young men in a high performance car in a crash at speed. You think the worst.

Guess its like when you see a group of teenages in the street. you keep ur eyes on them because you assume they are going to do something!

They could be handing out leaflets to a local church fair.

But you assume the worst anyways.

We are only human.

At least we aren't american and think that anyone with a slight suntan is a terrorist!
C30XE
andysri

Post by andysri »

HAIRIBO wrote: At least we aren't american and think that anyone with a slight suntan is a terrorist!
lol

as for everything else you said, sounds like the words of a very wise person on the ways of the world. hats off to you sir
cars to date

HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

lol, no I'm just an old grumpy git!
C30XE
Ads

Post by Ads »

HAIRIBO wrote:lol, no I'm just an old grumpy git!
you said it. LOL :wave