new cavalier

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

shox1991

new cavalier

Post by shox1991 »

finally i have done what i have wanted for ages, replaced my beloved cavalier i scraped last year, let me know what u think of it people as it has a little bad points so jus ttake a look for me please and let me know of your thoughts :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

thanks people
Gaz

Re: new cavalier

Post by Gaz »

easy fixes looking at it and for £200 you cant argue its just over scrap value.

51kmiles with a weekends work it should be worth loads more.
branny361

Post by branny361 »

nice buy looks a decent cav
now running a swedish vauxhall...

the old cav vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYC4wHjqAhw

the new saab vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-K5L6UDGFk
damien roe

Post by damien roe »

well done mate good buy :thumb
shox1991

Post by shox1991 »

i went and picked it up the other week, and fudge me its like aladins cave, full of surprises some good some bad

firstly i broke down on the waty back because when i washed it i gt the dizzy wet :oops:
on my way backi picked up that window from luton for £15 cant be bad
on the sunday i fitted it and fudge me never again i couldnt believe how dificult it was, during this i found out the central locking on that door doesnt work as the lock is really stiff and that the door frame had been damaged but not that bad i spose,
my exhaust fell off the otherday because the centre box disintegrated but hey i took it off from centerbox back and it sounds amazing lol,
but ive raced a few stuff in it now and fudge me they didnt know what hit them some of the things ove raced are below:

PUG 205GTI - modified - about even
LANDY V6 - he had no chance lol
SAXO VTR - modified - beat him bu the wernt taht far behind tbh

the most prestigues win so far
MERCEDES C180 KOMPRESSOR - was close but he never knew what hit him he must have been a shite driver lol

also i changed the front pads a day ago and the old ones were shagged, the 2 old pads form one side ontop of eachother wasnt even as thick as 1 new one there was like 1 mm left on them, but luckily i had a spare set knocking about,
cant wait to get it tip-top as its lovely to drive tbh

drinks the fuel tbh with the exhaust off

thats iot for now guys ill keep you updated :p
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

shox1991 wrote:i went and picked it up the other week, and Lovemaking me its like aladins cave, full of surprises some good some bad

firstly i broke down on the waty back because when i washed it i gt the dizzy wet :oops:
on my way backi picked up that window from luton for £15 cant be bad
on the sunday i fitted it and Lovemaking me never again i couldnt believe how dificult it was, during this i found out the central locking on that door doesnt work as the lock is really stiff and that the door frame had been damaged but not that bad i spose,
my exhaust fell off the otherday because the centre box disintegrated but hey i took it off from centerbox back and it sounds amazing lol,
but ive raced a few stuff in it now and Lovemaking me they didnt know what hit them some of the things ove raced are below:

PUG 205GTI - modified - about even
LANDY V6 - he had no chance lol
SAXO VTR - modified - beat him bu the wernt taht far behind tbh

the most prestigues win so far
MERCEDES C180 KOMPRESSOR - was close but he never knew what hit him he must have been a shite driver lol

also i changed the front pads a day ago and the old ones were shagged, the 2 old pads form one side ontop of eachother wasnt even as thick as 1 new one there was like 1 mm left on them, but luckily i had a spare set knocking about,
cant wait to get it tip-top as its lovely to drive tbh

drinks the fuel tbh with the exhaust off

thats iot for now guys ill keep you updated :p
How well did it go through it's test then?
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Colorado

Post by Colorado »

Nice to see it back on the road again.
shox1991

Post by shox1991 »

hasnt gone for its test yet im doing some work on it at the moment, im looking for somwheren to respray it as the bodywork isnt that good, my college was goin to do it all i needed was the paint n prep items but there fully booked until september and i wanted it in mint con for PVS so im looking for somwhere cheap and good for it at the moment, im getting the engine profesionaly cleaned aswell i think,. im looking on soda blasting it if not ill just wire brush it myself and get it gleaming, as i want to make a big apearance at PVS this year but im toying with keeping it bog standard (pretty much) or putting in a C20LET but i wouldnt have the engine in and running right by then due to funds so i think this year its goin to be the C18NZ still, but hopefully will loook gleaming with a new coat of paint nice painted or polished engine
im in the process of trying to find a set of standard vauxhall fan blade alloys for it to give it the right look but havent found anything thats good enuf for the money there asking even though im getting them recond when i get them

anyway enough for now ill keep you all informed :D