Alloy wheels

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

SRi_stu

Alloy wheels

Post by SRi_stu »

I've been toying with the idea of changing the alloys on my cavalier, i cant do everything i want to yet till my daughter is a bit older, I only bought it as a sensible car, my cortina is too low to be comfortable for a 2 month old :lol:
So until i get round to lowering it, i've realised i can still do some other bits and pieces 8-)
anyway..... i've been after my brothers 15inch TSW Hockenheims from his Astra but he's not sure if he's keeping that or his MR2 turbo at the moment, so i've found a set of 17 inch BK299's, they need refurbing but should be fairly cheap.
Downside is i'm not sure if they'd look right on a Cavalier, bit long winded but i just wondered what peoples opinions are.
For those who aren't familiar......

planetc

Re: Alloy wheels

Post by planetc »

Personally I like them, they are similar to the old expression alloys which I think suit the car well. Rims really are a personal thing though I think, and we all have different tastes.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
Super89

Post by Super89 »

They look like some BBS alloys or like what the MG ZR 16'' has..
SRi_stu

Post by SRi_stu »

I really like them but i'm not sure what they'd look like on a cavalier, i like all the cars on here with big chunky 5 spokes. :cool
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

sure sriguy has them on his touringcar rep
SRi_stu

Post by SRi_stu »

won this today

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160660843277? ... 1439.l2649

bargain :cool
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

mk4 astra exhaust at a guess
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

yeah looks like mk4 astra item as gaz says. you going down to royston to collect it?
SRi_stu

Post by SRi_stu »

Yeah, arranged to go there sunday morning. Was hoping to give the cortina a rare run up the m11 but steering column is knackered, took it to work today expecting a play in some rain and the stering was horrible, its not enjoying the easy life :lol: made me appreciate the cavlier more when i went out in that tonight. I love my old fords but i've never been able to fault the better build quality of older vauxhalls, which is why i keep going back to cavaliers :thumb
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

Nice bargin on the exhaust mate :thumb I reckon they will look nice as gaz said sriguy has them but gold centres on his btcc replica an seeing his in the flesh they do suit it ;) ;) :cool
[center]Image
[/center]
SRi_stu

Post by SRi_stu »

jimmy wrote:Nice bargin on the exhaust mate :thumb I reckon they will look nice as gaz said sriguy has them but gold centres on his btcc replica an seeing his in the flesh they do suit it ;) ;) :cool
Thats the type of answer i wanted, nice one Jimmy :thumb
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

SRi_stu wrote:
jimmy wrote:Nice bargin on the exhaust mate :thumb I reckon they will look nice as gaz said sriguy has them but gold centres on his btcc replica an seeing his in the flesh they do suit it ;) ;) :cool
Thats the type of answer i wanted, nice one Jimmy :thumb
No worries at the end of the day its mainly down to your own personal taste but that's what these forums are all about is sharing each others cars, mod's an nicely giving truthful opinions ;) ;)

I especially think they will suit if the centres was painted anthracite :cool just my opinion
[center]Image
[/center]
planetc

Post by planetc »

SRi_stu wrote: i cant do everything i want to yet till my daughter is a bit older, I only bought it as a sensible car, my cortina is too low to be comfortable for a 2 month old :lol:
I just read this again, when she gets a bit older you won't be able to afford to do anything, my girl is nine now and gets more expensive with every year that goes by!!
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
Peanut_119

Post by Peanut_119 »

planetc wrote:
SRi_stu wrote: i cant do everything i want to yet till my daughter is a bit older, I only bought it as a sensible car, my cortina is too low to be comfortable for a 2 month old :lol:
I just read this again, when she gets a bit older you won't be able to afford to do anything, my girl is nine now and gets more expensive with every year that goes by!!
i only have the cav (on 215/40/17 and lowered 60, so quite stiff) so i had no choice to put the baby in the car, and she loves it, shes now 9 month and goes to sleep better in my car than in my dad 60 plate nissan. babies get used and aint as fragile as everyone makes out
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

Peanut has hit the nail on the head there mate I've had the same with my kids in my lowered cars an tbh my daughter falls asleep quite well in the sri now she loves it :p
[center]Image
[/center]
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

bargain back box we thought we got one cheap the other week for £25 but that still had the flange on
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
SRi_stu

Post by SRi_stu »

Peanut_119 wrote:
planetc wrote:
i only have the cav (on 215/40/17 and lowered 60, so quite stiff) so i had no choice to put the baby in the car, and she loves it, shes now 9 month and goes to sleep better in my car than in my dad 60 plate nissan. babies get used and aint as fragile as everyone makes out
To be perfectly honest the cortina is a really uncomfortable ride from the backseat now its decked. She's fine in there and goes straight to sleep but because its so low it keeps chewing through rear bushes, and i personally dont like having her in there as its on cut springs. It never worried me till she came along :lol:
Squig

Post by Squig »

Kids change your perspectives on road safety...
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Peanut_119

Post by Peanut_119 »

Squig wrote:Kids change your perspectives on road safety...
totally agree, my driving from a 17yo that just passed his test to a 50 grandad in the space of a few hours when kyla was born lol
SRi_stu

Post by SRi_stu »

I drive totally different when i'm alone or with mates.

I picked up the backbox this morning, now starting to think its not going to fit the cavalier so it'll be cleaned up and back on ebay :lol: