Wow - JUST WOW

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

carlos_canter

Re: Wow - JUST WOW

Post by carlos_canter »

Well, the roller coaster ride continues.

Had to go back on the ventilator and a few other things which were raising concerns, he even had a "long line" put in his head (arms and legs were getting bruised) which goes to his heart, which I think is amazing that a piece of tube can travel through a vein.

Since having the long line, he has come off the ventilator, off the second ventilator and is now on the 3rd known as CPAP so he now looks like a fighter pilot again.

Doing very well and fantastic turn around, im hoping he continues!

Hard to say, but its so good hearing him cry!

As promised, here some pics with a disinfected Cavalier.

Getting quite a good grip now, he nearly squashed the Cav!
"Redefining success since 1981"
planetc

Post by planetc »

Good to hear he's doing OK fella.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
cavboy180

Post by cavboy180 »

Really nice to see.. am really happy for you! :thumb
" LS was MORE!! "
carl dineley

Post by carl dineley »

thats good news mate i said ur famliy all my love and keep strong lil guy :thumb
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

thats awesome, hes so tiny, reckon your over the worst now. Good times ahead
Squig

Post by Squig »

Many congratulations on that good news mate.
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

Wow he is so tiny

Wish you all the best I know how heart breaking it can be my son was 6weeks premature but was only in hospital for about 16 days

Good luck thoughts are with you I wish you all the best and congratulations to :)
[center]Image
[/center]
carl dineley

Post by carl dineley »

carl dineley wrote:thats good news mate i said ur famliy all my love and keep strong lil guy :thumb

i meant to put send lol sorry
planetc

Post by planetc »

'LOVE'? Woah, he's great and all, but this is a Cavalier forum?!
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
SRi_stu

Post by SRi_stu »

My little girl was born a few months ago, she stopped breathing on her way out and spent her first few hours in icu, They were really worrying and scary hours!
The good news is your little lad seems to be getting better and better. I'm really pleased for you and your other half mate. Hopefully you'll have him home soon and all this will be a distant memory and you can enjoy fatherhood :thumb
jimmy

Post by jimmy »

Well said "sristu" ^^^
[center]Image
[/center]
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

congratulatons on continued progress, nice touch with the cavalier toy too hehehe! hoping you and yours are out of the worst of it and can look forward to a bright future together :)
SRi_stu

Post by SRi_stu »

Any more news from the last few days mate?

I've been watching this thread keeping an eye out for updates :thumb
carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

SRi_stu wrote:Any more news from the last few days mate?
Sorry, Ive had to go back to work and pay the bills.

Its hard for me to see him, I dont want to go in the hospital in my work gear stinking of diesel and covered in engine muck but Im ringing up to see how he is as often as I can, although I did sneak in for half an hour one night.
I finish work at 6am, home for half past, missus gets bus to hospital about half 10 and stays till half 7 at night when my folks bring her home.
I try and stop by on my way to work 6pm, but aint been sleeping well (SAD) and traffic is a nightmare and cant afford to loose job even though they do know whats happening, I dont want to take the p*ss.

Feel quite sh*tty about it and it really gets me down so had to get that off my chest.

He is doing really well. He been off the ventilator for half hour here and there, just getting him used to being with out it, handling really well.
Lungs are still bad, but have shown improvement, so hopefully he will grow out of any problems, although "chronic lung disease" may still be an issue(how can it be a disease? surely its a condition seeing as he has been born with damaged lungs?).

Everything else is working fine, although wifey has to stay off the curries as he gets a bloated tummy.

Im off for 4 nights now, so Im sure I will get some cuddles in!
SRi_stu

Post by SRi_stu »

carlos_canter wrote:

Its hard for me to see him, I dont want to go in the hospital in my work gear stinking of diesel and covered in engine muck but Im ringing up to see how he is as often as I can, although I did sneak in for half an hour one night.
I finish work at 6am, home for half past, missus gets bus to hospital about half 10 and stays till half 7 at night when my folks bring her home.
I try and stop by on my way to work 6pm, but aint been sleeping well (SAD) and traffic is a nightmare and cant afford to loose job even though they do know whats happening, I dont want to take the p*ss.

Feel quite sh*tty about it and it really gets me down so had to get that off my chest.

He is doing really well. He been off the ventilator for half hour here and there, just getting him used to being with out it, handling really well.
Lungs are still bad, but have shown improvement, so hopefully he will grow out of any problems, although "chronic lung disease" may still be an issue(how can it be a disease? surely its a condition seeing as he has been born with damaged lungs?).

Everything else is working fine, although wifey has to stay off the curries as he gets a bloated tummy.

Thats a bit shitty, but at least he's still on the mend and it more good news everytime your there.
Chronic lung disease will seem like nothing after what the 3 of you have been through :thumb
Make the most of the next 4 days mate, little bit of family bonding time :cool
Squig

Post by Squig »

carlos_canter wrote:

You shouldn't feel shitty about that mate... the important thing is being able to support him and the missus.
It's really good to hear he's doing better, enjoy your cuddles fella
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

I did enjoy them! I even nodded off for a few moments, so so peaceful!

He didnt appreciate my chest hair though and as he is off the snorkel for a few hours a day, he had to put up with the prongs and my hairs in his nose!

Was quite funny having him snot on me.
SRi_stu

Post by SRi_stu »

precious moments, enjoy them mate. In a few months it won't be be funny anymore :lol:
carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

He is improving, and I think your right Gaz,

bigmitch

Post by bigmitch »

I like the last pic bud he's fairly coming on, give it few months he will be bouncing about
carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

Well, wee man came home on thursday after having oxygen machine installed in the house and about a mile and a half of tubing, but defo worth it.

Settling in very well, staring and looking at everything he can and likes to keep me awake at night while wifey gets some sleep.

All good fun!
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

congratulations, good to hear he's home :)