wwwoooohhhhooooo, iv got heat

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

k1ngy

wwwoooohhhhooooo, iv got heat

Post by k1ngy »

in my cavalier again.
i finaly fited a working heater matrix that i got off a mate who was striping a mk3 astra yesterday
it took me ages(4 hours)and a LOT of swearing and shouting but i got there in the end :D .

the hardest part was getting the screws in to the back end of the matrix housing and doing them up as there aint a lot of room there to get a spanner in and no way to get a socket in there :evil: , but at least we will be warm now and its one les thing to get done on the cav
loving cavaliers since 1978
FoxyCav

Re: wwwoooohhhhooooo, iv got heat

Post by FoxyCav »

lol, yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

i used to have a MK1 astra that had a broken heater. In the winter i used to go to work wrapped up like a michelin man, tons and tons of clothes on cos it was bloody freezing. In the summer it was fine, cept i didnt have no nice cool air, so had to open the windows right down. Still miss that bloody ol heap :lol: :mrgreen:
k1ngy

Post by k1ngy »

tbh it hasn't been that bad up until last sunday when it was wet,cold and we had to take kelly and 3 kids to rugby, by the end kelly and shaun were soked(shaun plays and kelly is the manager of the under 8s)to the skin and we got in the car and it was even colder, so i thought id do it now before winter comes and someone gets pnumonia.

stops kelly winging too :lol: :lol:
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Took you long enough :p
k1ngy

Post by k1ngy »

ay 2 months to get a matrix, 2 days thinking about putting it in and 4 hours to perfect the angle of whitch i had to dangle under the dash to get the bulkhead grommets in. :D :lol: