What can i do next to my Cav

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

FoxyCav

What can i do next to my Cav

Post by FoxyCav »

right i'm getting stuck for ideas for the next mod on my Cav, any ideas???
has to be subtle folks no chavvy kits :lol:
pic to help you guys
Image (soz craig nicked your pic of my cav hope thats ok :P )

bear in mind, ive already got the SRi side skirts and front bumper waiting to go on.............STILL :lol: :lol:

any ideas would be grateful.

thought of HID lights but bloody hell there expensive.
ideally wanna smarten the engine bay up
Interior needs new seats cos my sri one looks tired and worn, but as my cars grey inside dont wanna change dash etc
yeah i'm not asking for much am i :lol: :lol:

interior already has new gaitors, handbrake and gearknob and Vectra SRi gearknob (which i love so thats staying)
tall order but fire away with the ideas

anita :mrgreen:
Brian

Re: What can i do next to my Cav

Post by Brian »

GSI grille ?

Wind deflectors

and get the SRi bumber on :lol:
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Well, you could go the HIDS route, but aye they are expensive. However if your lights are dull I found when I replaced my headlights with new lamps (full units cost me about £22 each) with the halfords ultra bright bulbs (12.99 buy one get one free) and it transformed the drive at nice, looks better too in the light ;)

Erm, your Cav looks clean, so not really sure what else to suggest.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

thats why i'm stuck for ideas gary, dont wanna start bunging all sorts of chavvy tat on. good idea on the lights.
not sure if i'm fussed on the tinted look tbh, i kinda like the clean headlights.
strut brace crossed my mind but do they actually do anything????

might have to invest in some nice shiny bits for the engine bay, when i get some spare cash :mrgreen:
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

FoxyCav wrote:thats why i'm stuck for ideas gary, dont wanna start bunging all sorts of chavvy tat on. good idea on the lights.
not sure if i'm fussed on the tinted look tbh, i kinda like the clean headlights.
strut brace crossed my mind but do they actually do anything????

might have to invest in some nice shiny bits for the engine bay, when i get some spare cash :mrgreen:

Nah, not a fan of tints either, i like the nice clean out of the box look so much more :)
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
cav_2.0_gli

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

how about an Opel badge for the front grill, like what i did to mine:

as for the interior, how about leather? i know your dash in grey, but i have a blue dash + interior in my other cav, and it doesnt look out of place in there really.

vectra colour coded exterior door handles? they smartern the ext up no end.

erm you've got a SRI boot spoiler aint ya? and its lowered? erm, some sort of backbox if you aint got one of those?

colour coded number plate board?

lol, ive just realised that ive basically written a list of mods that ive done to my cav haha.
my driveway's like a 1986 vauxhall forecourt lol (apart from my mk3 cav's!
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Vectra handles maybe, not so sure on the colour coding of them though.
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Sorry Brian missed your post. gsi grille sounds good, cos the vaux badge is looking a bit tired on the grille i have now :mrgreen:

Dave i'm not doing a total clone of your cav hun :P :P

vectra door handles are a good idea. But i'm sure Dave (hairibo) said there a pain to open and change locking mechanism (summat like that anyway :lol: ) at the campsite cos he has them.

any ideas for the engine bay guys?? its looking a bit tired and scruffy (hence why i never opened the bonnet at pvs :lol: )
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

As for the Vectra lock, once you've done one they are pretty easy really :) Lock barrel is probably the easiest bit one you work out what your doing too :)

As for the engine bay - pics really would help I think Anita. :mrgreen:
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

oh god if i must, will get out tomorrow and take some pics of it, its pissing down now, :lol:
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

I think it needs lowered :lol:

lol on a serious note, I think put the SRi bumpers and skirts on, De-badge the front grille, Tint the headlights and Indicators, and get some vauxhall mudflaps like I have on mine. will look great, oh yeah and get some colour coded veccy handles on it :D
Squig

Post by Squig »

lots of polish some colour coded hoses would smarten up the engine bay... polished/chromed/colour coded rocker cover... battery bag... remove all evidence of wiring (tall order on later cavs)... convert to carbs/throttle bodies on an XE transplant...

lexus lights.... :lol:

seriously I'd do the skirts and leave the exterior if you want El Clean Cavalier. Concentrate on performance/engine bay...
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
himselfunknown

Post by himselfunknown »

I think a set of colour coded Vectra door handles would look good, and increase security too (if you put rear handles all round to delock it that is).
Debadged front grille would look nice (not a GSI grille as they look wrong on facelift Cavs, unless you change the headlights aswell).

I reckon if you did that, and fitted the SRI bumpers and bodykit, it will look a nice, subtle, car.

Then you can tackle the engine bay... lol!!
Terry

Post by Terry »

Envoy CDX wrote:Well, you could go the HIDS route, but aye they are expensive. However if your lights are dull I found when I replaced my headlights with new lamps (full units cost me about £22 each) with the halfords ultra bright bulbs (12.99 buy one get one free) and it transformed the drive at nice, looks better too in the light ;)

Erm, your Cav looks clean, so not really sure what else to suggest.
You can get H4 HID kits for £70 which is only £13 more expensive than new units and bulbs. The HIDs seriously transform night driving. Ask Gary how bright my lights are :mrgreen:
I'd say the HIDs are one of the best mods i've done to my Cav.

Before

After
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Cool, thanks for that Terry, and welcome to the site, nice to have you onboard :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

does make the Cav look better i must say. cant believe the difference in how bright they are.

welcome again mate :mrgreen:
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii craig sod off, it isnt going any lower, cheeky bugger :lol:

squig, it gets lexus fart lights over my dead body :lol: :lol:

Gaz your mate Terry's gonna KILL you when he sees what youve done to him........nice avi and all pink. actually i like that colour pink lol :lol: :lol:
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

lol kidding, dont think it could go any lower, gonna lower mine -60mm once im back fae my holidays :D

loving the pink Terri
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

lol i love how low it is, it makes me look at other Cavs now and see how nice it sits. :mrgreen:

the back end is on Nova 60mm springs (birthday present off gaz) its on the same level now which makes it look gorgeous :mrgreen:

My cousin visited the other day, she owns a nearly new ford, she was VERY impressed with my Cav. shes owned her mondeo a while and its blown 2 headgaskets. She thought the Cav was gorgeous. thats enough praise for me :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Engine bay!

The strut brace helps stop the front end flexing when you've lowered it. and keeps the wheels in line on tight fast corners.

I recon once you've put the SRi side skirts and Fog lighted front bumper it will look sweet. Maybe colour code the late spec boot panel, as they did this on Turbos and Sri's.
C30XE
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Oh and stick some plastic Vectra handels on, as they will suit the black bump strips on the bumpers, and are easier to keep black compared to the Cavs grey ones..

You could always go for the vectra style V on the front grill. And make it look like a facelift/face lift cav, If they had ever made one.

But manly I keep it looking factoryish. So not too much colour coding. as for interior. how about SRi trim? Recaro seats. but maybe the dark leather might suit your cav, just keep you standard door cards but attacth the wood stips. and put leather/vynil in the door card inserts. then you can keep your dash and door cards grey etc. I have a leather interior going if you fancy it. And soon have a K&N for a Ecotek going, anlong with the washer and oil kit.
C30XE
Terry

Post by Terry »

I knew Gaz would have a field day when I signed up, I think he fancies me you know. You best watch out for his wandering eyes anita, Turn your back and he'll be bobbing away to YMCA in the gay village :lol:
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i'd watch your bum if i where you Terry, i always had my concerns bout gaz's sexuality, now i know the truth i always wondered why he loved cowboys and leather :lol: :lol:

i knew he'd start messing with your account when you signed up, he cant resist :lol:
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Got any engine bay pictures yet?? :ugeek: :lol:
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
Terry

Post by Terry »

He's always been the same, Can't leave anything alone. He sabotaged my account on VS when he was made a moderator.....Pure madness giving him power if you ask me :lol:
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Envoy CDX wrote:Got any engine bay pictures yet?? :ugeek: :lol:
will get them up later. :mrgreen: you'll have to excuse the scruffiness of it :P :P