expleetive deleted SCUM!!!

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

Envoy CDX
Club Admin

expleetive deleted SCUM!!!

Post by Envoy CDX »

Well, my cav is looking someone worse than normal thanks to the local chav scum.. nice 8 inch scratch along the back passenger door and the S on my GLS badges snapped off and the glue rubbed over the wing.

Why can no one leave anything alone......

Will be back later to rant some more.... :oops: :oops: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Edit: added picture - the picture does it justice, it looks alot worse in person :(
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Gaz

Re: expleetive deleted SCUM!!!

Post by Gaz »

will the scratch flat out? get some paint in it to stop the rust

Scum cant leave peoples stuff alone
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Gaz wrote:will the scratch flat out? get some paint in it to stop the rust

Scum cant leave peoples stuff alone
I was hoping the scratch wasn't too bad, hoped it would polish out - unfortunatly not the case. Its not through to metal, but its through the lacquer and paint - nice white strip from the top of the handle to the back of the door and the beginning of the rear quater :(

Pics to follow.

Going to try using the touch up kit I got from Vauxhall, but not holding out much hope for it to be an EXACT match at this time :(

And aye, if I find who did it.. they won't be happy..
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Its an easy fix if your prepared to put the graft in you need to get the colour into the scratch but not to the surface, use a tiny art brush
give it time to flash off (an hour should be enough) then fill it with lacquer to just above the surface. dont overdo it as you'll only have to take it off

Give it some time to harden (a week is best or some heat and a few hours) then get some 1500 on a small block (bit of wood- matchbox sized) and then flatten it down, it will take a while but once its flat you should be able to get some g3 on it to get the marks out then polish and wax should be sorted
cav_2.0_gli

Post by cav_2.0_gli »

i had exactly the same happen to me 2 days after i got my vectra (when i used to have it).
so jealous twats at college thought they would put 3 massive deep scratches that went down to the metal, in my rear pass 1/4, i did exactly what gaz said, painted it with small brush, laquered it, then sanded it down to be flat with paint work, then T-cut'd it, and polished it. could see the scratch still as paint didnt match, but looked better than a big rust line if i'd left it lol.
my driveway's like a 1986 vauxhall forecourt lol (apart from my mk3 cav's!
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Gaz wrote:Its an easy fix if your prepared to put the graft in you need to get the colour into the scratch but not to the surface, use a tiny art brush
give it time to flash off (an hour should be enough) then fill it with lacquer to just above the surface. dont overdo it as you'll only have to take it off

Give it some time to harden (a week is best or some heat and a few hours) then get some 1500 on a small block (bit of wood- matchbox sized) and then flatten it down, it will take a while but once its flat you should be able to get some g3 on it to get the marks out then polish and wax should be sorted
cheers, will give that a go during the week, i feel a sick day coming up... *cough cough*.
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Right, been raking through the boot of the cav. I have the following.

1 Halfords Smoke Grey Touch up Kit
1 Vauxhall Smoke Grey Touch up Kit
1 fibre glass pencil stick
1 scratched mk3 Cavalier
I have a few sheets of 1000, 1500 and 2000 grit wet and dry (in the house approx 170miles away granted..)

Is this enough or do I need more?

Edit, which touch up kit is best to use? Vaux or Halfords?
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

T-cut an area clean paint a bit of both somewhere out of view see which is the best match

Other than the lacquer youve got everything
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Gaz wrote:T-cut an area clean paint a bit of both somewhere out of view see which is the best match

Other than the lacquer youve got everything
Both the touchup kits came with lacquer thankfully :)

Inner doors will be best for concealment I think - will ponder and review :idea:
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
wullie

Post by wullie »

have had the same problem here m8 to,the area where i live is ruff as !
the problem was i've 2 kids and i try keepin my place tidy so they can play outside,so as you do i got the kids some toys "swings,slides and other bits"
and my neighbour took a dislike cause he's junkie scum my gardens bowling short and his is like 3feet high, heard him muttering somethin one night and didn't take any notice, next morning i went out to go to work and i had a scratch to the metal the full length back quarter to the wing through the plastics on the windows and 2 deep ones between the passengers front and rear door, talk about gutted,was quoted £700 to spray.
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

wullie wrote:have had the same problem here m8 to,the area where i live is ruff as !
the problem was i've 2 kids and i try keepin my place tidy so they can play outside,so as you do i got the kids some toys "swings,slides and other bits"
and my neighbour took a dislike cause he's junkie scum my gardens bowling short and his is like 3feet high, heard him muttering somethin one night and didn't take any notice, next morning i went out to go to work and i had a scratch to the metal the full length back quarter to the wing through the plastics on the windows and 2 deep ones between the passengers front and rear door, talk about gutted,was quoted £700 to spray.
not good :(
hoepfully you'll be able to use the information provided to remove the scratches too :)
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

WTF, sorry to hear this gary, scummy feckin scrotes. why do these idiots have to vandalise someones property???? :evil: shove the little scrotes into a boot camp for 2 months, knock some bloody respect into them. i wouldnt dream of doing anything like that when i was a kid, had respect for my elders etc.

wullie mate, sorry to hear youve suffered the same.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr little feckers.

If i did summat as a kid i got smacked and we had the cane in our girls school. never did me no harm. nowadays kids can get aweay with bloody murder . just my opinion

hope you both get this sorted out
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

FoxyCav wrote: shove the little scrotes into a boot
Got thinking at this point, about trips into the country and torture

FoxyCav wrote:we had the cane in our girls school. never did me no harm.
That answers a lot :lol:
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Try Harrison's in Monkwearmouth sunderland, he is very reasonable, he has done all my wok on mine. I'll PM the phone number tomorrow if you want?
C30XE
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

HAIRIBO wrote:Try Harrison's in Monkwearmouth sunderland, he is very reasonable, he has done all my wok on mine. I'll PM the phone number tomorrow if you want?
Can do, might get a quote for the whole lot (theres alot of scratches that need sorted, this one is just the most noticable).
When you say reasonably are we talking under £50 or up to £200?
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

Well I had to bumpers done for £150. a full respray is at least £1k as all the time it takes to mask off etc.
C30XE
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

HAIRIBO wrote:Well I had to bumpers done for £150. a full respray is at least £1k as all the time it takes to mask off etc.
Thanks for that, might have to look into that.
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index
Squig

Post by Squig »

my gripe lies not with chavvy scum (well it does generally but not this time specifically :D ), my issue is with Bolton dustbin men smahing a new wingmirror off the car... just cos they didn't take care and tried to fit a bin truck up a silly narrow road. Idiots... tis fixed now due to PVS, but wtf is with these people, no-one knocked to apologise or anything :(
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

i ahte chavvy pricks that vabdalise cars, they should get there danglies chopped off :twisted:
Adamw5433

Post by Adamw5433 »

Cavyman_130 wrote:i ahte chavvy pricks that vabdalise cars, they should get there danglies chopped off :twisted:
Just take them out of the Gene pool all together and run them down, while in top gear and red lining....
With any luck they won't be in any state to reproduce after that.

Adam
Squig

Post by Squig »

Adamw5433 wrote:
Cavyman_130 wrote:i ahte chavvy pricks that vabdalise cars, they should get there danglies chopped off :twisted:
Just take them out of the Gene pool all together and run them down, while in top gear and red lining....
With any luck they won't be in any state to reproduce after that.

Adam
don't forget to cover the front of your car in razor wire first... I'll pay for the respray... hey one free respray for every 20 chavs mutilated or deaded! :lol:

Offer valid on the 16.06.08 only...
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

added a picture of the damage. as said, it looks better than it is in the picture to be honest.
Check the Rules!

The How2 Index