What do you know about PPi claiming?

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

TurboDan

What do you know about PPi claiming?

Post by TurboDan »

I'm going to try claiming my ppi back on my old credit cards. Anyone done it before and did they use a company or use the forms off money supermarket?
None of the credit cards were through my bank so i can't do it through them.
vauxtillidie

Re: What do you know about PPi claiming?

Post by vauxtillidie »

I only did my bank because it was easier that way, I'm sure there's a lot more from previous cards and loans but I don't know the details of any of them.

I'd start by using the forms on money saving expert before using a company that will take a cut anyway.

Maybe google the particular company(s) in question to see how other people got on with that particular company
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

These ppi places take at least 20% of what they get out of the companies, my mate used to work for one.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclai ... -insurance
Stoater85

Post by Stoater85 »

I work for a bank - you should just phone the banks you had the credit with! they are all ready to pay the stuff back, millions have been set aside for this. These 3rd party's are cowboys who add no benefit whatsoever to the customer, but take a chunk of your payout. Use standard letter templates from the net - all you need is the agreement number / card number / roll number / sort code and account number or whatever identifies the account and the bank will process your claim.

One thing tho, if you have any bad debt with the bank, they are within their rights to pay the PPi claim into that account to settle that debt. (just in case thats relevant)
Freakmandu

Post by Freakmandu »

I always use this site for anything to do with claiming stuff etc. Here's the PPI forum link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/fo ... -%28PPI%29
Deeksin

Post by Deeksin »

All i know is the scum bags wont take bugger off for an answer bloody harassment
Deeks cavalier GSi 2000
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5348
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Hmmm - PPI companies do my boat in.
Even ring me on the phone at work (hospital number).

I understand that the typical rate that they take off is approx 30 to 37% dependent upon which company you use.

If you go to your bank / credit card provider's website, they will give you a link to a form that you can print-off, and fill in.
You will get 100% of the claim as you have not used a middle man.

Not all banks are throwing their money at you... my friend's daughter's boyfriend works for a firm sifting through claims on behalf of Lloyds TSB, and he apparently knocks back 3 out of 5 of them...
specks

Post by specks »

I asked this a couple of days ago but don't have a printer here do phoned the financial ombudsman for advice and they are dealing with it on my behalf,here's there numbers if you want to phone them for advice etc 0300 123 9123 or 0800 023 4567 I phoned the 0800 number and was all done in less than 15 minutes
vauxtillidie

Post by vauxtillidie »

me and my mum and dad got ours off lloyds with no fuss whatsoever this was last year tho
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
buffkane

Post by buffkane »

oddly enough as i got a loan around 11years ago, with ppi to pay off aload of bill etc.

me being a dime bar, with spending and loose jobs via unemployment, buy things. i extended the loan 7 or 8 times over the years,

in feb 2012 my loan stood at 6.5k owing the bank i had stopped paying PPI for the last 12month of that so technically id be paying PPI for around 9ish years.

Feb this year, i got a random phonecall it was Barclays bank ringing me about my loan, my payments, length i had my loan, the PPI i had over the years ect. Then arranged a meeting at the bank. Went in sorted it,

Crap load of paper work later and 3weeks passed, I get a refund of the PPI for £6900. I payed the loan of with it lol and went on a weekend bender at the local lol.

Still seems odd ive not heard of many if any peeps having the bank ring them to sort it out. Screw the middle man go to the bank and talk to an adviser they are happy to sort it out.

as for things like credit cards ect i respect the use of them these days lol and dont abuse them no more.
mr v6

Post by mr v6 »

its worth doing!

i had a credit card which had a fair amount on for a couple of years

i simply wrote to Lloyds explaining and got £1700 back

I (my wife!) wrote a basic letter. You can send this to any banks, building societies or credit cards that you hold that may have small print and charging you fees that you didnt know you were/are paying. Letter to send to whoever is as follows:

Dear Sirs

re: [NAME CARD IN, BANK DETAILS, SORT CODE ETC]

In view of the recent miss-sold PPIs and/or IPPs, please notify me of any wrongly sold protection plans with all my current and previous accounts held with .........[bank/s name] over the last few years and any monies that I can recover back.

I look forward to hearing from you within 14 days,

Yours faithfully

They will reply and maybe send you a form to complete and send back. If they ask questions about when did you have loan etc, just fire answer back saying you have all my account details so you can seek the information. If you had a loan always say in the form that you would have been covered by sick pay if ill or a family member would have paid loan back! Simple!