Done a trackday at Oulten park today

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

TurboDan

Done a trackday at Oulten park today

Post by TurboDan »

Went to oulten park in the corsa today, the weather was absolutely mint couldn't of asked for better. The corsa had some bad brake issues ie.really spongey pedal that went near the floor and generally didn't stop well at all. So at first i was very wary of the brakes as it was actually abit dangerous. But as the day went on i learnt not to use the brakes as much and just handle round the corners instead and so got ALLOT quicker through out the day.

Half way through i adjusted the rear shoes to try and make the pedal abit harder. It didn't make them much better but it helped abit. So after dinner it was flat out and was really good.

But as you know the corsa is being broke for parts and today was its last day on the road, at least it was a good day for it! So tommorow its being broke. I have to say though it didn't miss a beat all day until on the way home when the ecu came on a few times and it cut out a few times but i think i may have caught the lamba sensor wires or rubbed through them as thats what the code was.

Heres some pics:

So if you've never done a trackday before then you really need to do it :D Its my second one now and can't wait to do more but next time in something much better.
vauxtillidie

Re: Done a trackday at Oulten park today

Post by vauxtillidie »

Top day! And nice pics :)
2006 Flame Red Astra VXR 19's, AFL, Headlamp Washers, Cruise Control, CD70+ AUX In, CID, Bluetooth, Sight & Light, Powerfold Mirrors, DDS/TPMS, Park Pilot, Check Control, Speed Locking - All Retrofitted by me :)
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

All good fun!! :thumb

I take it, you threw the off-side headlamp on a bend?

It is missing on all but one or two pictures - lol
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

No I took it out to help the air get to the filter which is right behind the headlight as it was getting very hot under there. It definately helped.
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

cracking pics dan :)

do i spy smoking brakes on pic 6?
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Yeah i think it is, after about 7 laps the little brakes i had in the first place were fading badly and each time i came off they were smoking away!
Cavalier-C20LET

Post by Cavalier-C20LET »

good pics dan, looked like a fun day out,

car looks a totally different colour here to your sale thread, looks lighter here, maybe the sunshine?
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Car actually looks pretty cool in those pics, although you shoulda been throwing the ZLET Cav around there to see what it could muster hehe!
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

I did think about doing it in the cav but the corsa was only bought to do a trackday in and it didn't matter if i smashed it up really so thats why i did it in that.
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

TurboDan wrote:I did think about doing it in the cav but the corsa was only bought to do a trackday in and it didn't matter if i smashed it up really so thats why i did it in that.
Take the Cav on Weds then ;)
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Yeah wont matter then..