'How Many Left' Website ? Cav's are really Rare!?

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

NickSRi

'How Many Left' Website ? Cav's are really Rare!?

Post by NickSRi »

Ok, was just looking at 'How Many Left' Car website....

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/

Cavalier Sri 16v (my model) only 196 left ?? Thats low I thought, being as Triumph 2000's (for example) still have over 600 left...

So I thought mmmm lets look up Cavalier 1.7td.. there must be quite a few of those still around... Did the search and it came back with ONE ??

This website cannot be right surely ??
DiplomaXE

Re: 'How Many Left' Website ? Cav's are really Rare!?

Post by DiplomaXE »

theres a bit of bollox involved in that site. to start with theres 129 types of cavalier listed. whether or not its taking a direct feed from the dvla somehow i dont know, but u have to be really careful to search for what you want to know about.
also mk1/2/3 arent mentioned afaik
if yur talking cav td, theres cdx, cdx hatch, ls, gls etc etc. the results need some looking into.

49 cav diplomats
none ever registered diplomat auto (doubt that)
55 diplomat A (maybe autos are A on the log book.

then theres some v6 diplomats 2 autos, one other. i suppose its manual...

then was v6 std ones.

takes some working out

maybe its all made up!

its got no cav gsi's
but 13 cav gsi 16V's
garethw1986

Post by garethw1986 »

NickSRi wrote:Ok, was just looking at 'How Many Left' Car website....

Cavalier Sri 16v (my model) only 196 left ?? Thats low I thought, being as Triumph 2000's (for example) still have over 600 left...

So I thought mmmm lets look up Cavalier 1.7td.. there must be quite a few of those still around... Did the search and it came back with ONE ??

thats wrong, a bloke in are road has 2 cav td for a start , but these cars are getting rare by the day now, look aqt mk1 mondeos for eg, i never see many of them now , not even in breakers yards just like cavs :(
mr v6

Post by mr v6 »

says manual cav v6 gls 21 on the road 21 sorn im about to make that 22 sorned tho if thats right there very rare
iancav6

Post by iancav6 »

mr v6 wrote:says manual cav v6 gls 21 on the road 21 sorn im about to make that 22 sorned tho if thats right there very rare
Mine is one of the sorned 21
Stoater85

Post by Stoater85 »

mine dont even have letters after it, its just simply a v6. only 20 odd left but im not convinced on this site.
StockCav

Post by StockCav »

The site uses the model descriptions as shown on the V5s which are not full model descriptions and do not always describe the same model in the same way; it varies according to how the original application for registration was completed and how the functionary at Swansea decided to interpret it. When looking for 1.4 models I looked at 'combined statistics for cavaliers' and selected 'engine' to find the 1.4s which would be the only cars with engines from 1.3-1.4 litres(the old 1.3 actually being 1297cc). I then did the same exercise for every type listed which could possibly be a 1.4 (various special editions, LS CDX, V6 etc. I could ignore). I found that the numbers did add up to the correct overall total, but for the 1.4 this was easy as only 'Cavalier Concept', 'Cavalier L', and 'Cavalier' descriptions were used. Between 1600 and 1700cc the HowManyLeft site shows 2400 (2.4K) diesel cavaliers. 1 is a CDX1.7TDS, 33 are CD TD, 73 are CDX TD, and so on. You just have to hunt through all possible types and add them up.
VauxhallGirl

Post by VauxhallGirl »

NickSRi wrote:Ok, was just looking at 'How Many Left' Car website....

Must be mine, then, if there is only one left. ;)
d.lynch sri

Post by d.lynch sri »

Me and my mate both have lagoon blue redtop sri's and where talking about this one day out and thinking about how many of the 197 cav sri's would be redtop and then how many lagoon blue ones are left? Surely there can't be too many?
planetc

Post by planetc »

d.lynch sri wrote:Me and my mate both have lagoon blue redtop sri's and where talking about this one day out and thinking about how many of the 197 cav sri's would be redtop and then how many lagoon blue ones are left? Surely there can't be too many?
At least 2 :grin:
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
d.lynch sri

Post by d.lynch sri »

Haha they both got saved from being broke, they should be on the road in the next couple months :thumb