Breakdown insurance

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

Gaz

Re: Breakdown insurance

Post by Gaz »

aa would only tow me after an accident something like 20miles.
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

It seems that if/when one takes the trouble to read the small print (painful) both Adrian Flux / Equity Red Star and your Vehicle Breakdown Org people do provide some help in the event of accidents. For the outsider there is little to choose between them. On the other hand I have made several attempts to contact VBO by phone with only the briefest of answerphone messages in reply which doesn't really inspire much confidence. On the other hand getting through to Adrian Flux has been not particularly difficult. Both are priced at around £63 but with AF this drops to £54 if you make up your mind within 14 days of taking out the policy. You can guess at which one I am being drawn towards (unless some unexpected difference crops up)
'91 H-reg SRi "130" manual hatch 8-valve non cat with mods
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

carlos_canter wrote:
planetc wrote:Bank account is a very popular route to cover these days, most banks offer a variation but watch the small print and make sure the cover is what you need as some give only the bare basics.
Ive been to many people who have thought they had the bee's knee's of cover, only to find out its not worth a penny then they have to shell out costs for recovery.

Try these: http://www.vehiclebreakdown.org.uk/vehi ... kdown.html

If I hadn't decided in the interim that for my circs the Adrian Flux / Equity Red Star policy seemed to fit the bill, I'd have been tempted by the circular just received by email from
http://www.motoringassist.com/
Their option 2 @ £57 looks competitive and they say they cover any car. The downside is that this is based on paying for the repairs and then reclaiming, but that might be worth considering. Looks like they've got a good Which? rating also.
planetc

Post by planetc »

Find it kind of odd that have worked in the industry for 10 years and never heard of them.
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
carlos_canter

Post by carlos_canter »

planetc wrote:Find it kind of odd that have worked in the industry for 10 years and never heard of them.
Same here.

Main ones we deal with are AA, RAC, Interpartner, Green flag, Mondial, Audi & Volkswagen assist(based through RAC contract) and Auto home.

Do have a few private contracts but never heard of them.
"Redefining success since 1981"
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

Useful background knowledge. I don't have the resources to check them out myself (I suppose I could try running out of oil on the A9 and see what the reaction is) but I was influenced by the fact that they were quoting a recommendation from Which? If that's not right then they stand to get spanked.