THANK GOD FOR DEAD LOCKS!

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

HAIRIBO

THANK GOD FOR DEAD LOCKS!

Post by HAIRIBO »

Well got up today to find my drivers door bent down and new dint in the side, but they must have given up. the police said the young'uns are going around stealing old cars taking them to the dean and setting them alight! I'd have been gutted if the good old dead locks hadn't done there job! so now I need a new drivers door as I can't seam to bent it back to the right angle to make a seal all the way around, (This makes my very angry) Marvin the Marsion style, Ow. well I've already lost an hours pay. waiting on police, better get to work
C30XE
Gaz

Re: THANK GOD FOR DEAD LOCKS!

Post by Gaz »

You need a dsiclock, ive had one for years. scum know they are too much effort to get off and move on.

Leaving any old car without one will invite someone to have a pop at it, its normally kids who think because its old it will be easy
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

I've got one in the boot I put on when I'm away for a week. but looks like it's going to glue to be put on every night now, and to think sometimes I only lock it from tim passenger side if I've got something out! but from now on its disk loc. and dead lock all the time :-(
C30XE
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

I had a conversation with a bloke at work, he was why you fitting that its parked in the carpark, i replied, i know how easy they are to steal.
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Haribo, give me a shout on Sunday, will have a look at that door then for you if you haven't replaced it before then.

Sodding scum can't leave anything alone these days.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

:wall Bastards Just can't have anything without some pathetic waste of air vandalizing it because they can't be bothered going to school!!
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Sorry to hear someone tried to nick your motor Dave, hope the damage isn't too bad
planetc

Post by planetc »

bastards
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"
HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

cheers lads. the door now blends into the damage on the back door. if this car was anything other than a daily driver I'd be gutted
C30XE
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Only put the stplock on when your away for a week!! Mine goes on everytime i park up anywhere.
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

At some point someone must have had a go at my drivers door as its slightly bent out and the wind howls past it over 50mph - any door bending options or should I get a straight replacement?

Sorry to hear about your woes Hairibo.
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

An easy way of bending the door back into place is to use a chunky block of wood and place it in the door frame around where the latch is against the pillar and the door, close the door against it and push the top of the door frame in the corner. Push it back till it looks right and try closing the door, keep repeating it till your happy.

You should be able to get the door back into shape quite easily. Although you may be left with a crack on the inside frame just next to the door lock pin which you can either leave or get welded up (easy enough).

Also you may get a small "hump" just at the bottom of the door frame above the handle which might need tapping in with a hammer. If the door has been bent that bad that it creases on the right hand side of the frame near the mirror then to be honest i'd find a new door or it will need filling and painting.
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

im with dan

my disc lock is always on when the cav aint being used

I know my luck the one day I don't put it on some fudgery will have a go at it :wall
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

I had the same issue on 31st Jan 2012.
They put the driver's window through because they couldn't open the dead locks.
Even the glove box did not let them in, with the opening catch snapping instead.

The scum bag had done 8 other cars that night looking for stuff to sell for dope money.
As it happened they caught the lad because he had unique glass shards in his clothes that could only come from a Cav window.
Rage

Post by Rage »

think i've had some scum have a go at my lock barrel on my drivers door as i went to use my key a few weeks back and found the little cover for the key hole was blocking my key. really need to get the deadlocking on the vectra fob working
sriguy wrote:whats the excitment with broken exhausts.
Rage wrote:must be one of these "your not making enough power till you break something" things or just the "plain childish p*** everyone off with sheer noise" factor :lol:
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

This happened to my LS a few years ago, the drivers door has never been the same since. :(