Homemade 48cc V8 engine

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

gsi pie

Homemade 48cc V8 engine

Post by gsi pie »

Have you ever wondered what a mini V8 sounds like? Neither had we. But thanks to one man with an old mill and lathe who built one with a 0.48-liter capacity, we're happy to learn that a miniature V8 can still maintain a low-frequency, lopy idle.Here's the little V8's impressive list of performance parts: alloy block with cast-iron wet cylinder liners, pressurized oil system, drilled crankshaft, tungsten-alloy flywheel, Megasquirt MS2 fuel injection with 24-tooth trigger wheel, a single fuel injector, vernier cam pulleys, and a throttle-position sensor on the throttle butterfly. Gasoline is routed from a jar on the work bench.

The mini V8 sits on a platform while the engine builder opens the throttle via a tiny wheel next to the air scoop. The sound it makes is nice and V8-like at idle, but we have to agree with one of the video's commenters and request that the exhaust system be taken off for the next test run.

Watch the video below and see what you could do with your spare time with some determination and hard work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EGXo5HwIHk
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
Cavalier342

Re: Homemade 48cc V8 engine

Post by Cavalier342 »

Have heard about miniature-scale V8 engines that run.

Would be awesome on a ride-on mower.... Just out to cut the grass dear..... fires up the V8 lol......
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Dam you! I ended up stuck in a youtube loop watching allsorts from engines to crocodiles eating people to dancing dogs to plane engines etc etc.. :lol:

Did find this too which was interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WLOccckJ5o

That v8 is awesome though. I've seen the little ones running before but never on proper stand alone management like that. Really clever stuff 8-)
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

[quote="TurboDan"]Dam you! I ended up stuck in a youtube loop watching allsorts from engines to crocodiles eating people to dancing dogs to plane engines etc etc.. :lol:quote]

:lol: :lol:
My valver brings all the boys to the yard, dam right its cammed and carbed, dam right it pops and farts, I would show you but the fuker won't start!
TurboDan

Post by TurboDan »

Lol, surely its not just me that happens too? You click on a link to youtube and then spot something interesting in the related videos and next thing you know 2 hours have past by and youve watched tons of crap!
gsi pie

Post by gsi pie »

im the same lol

engine throws block!! :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBF6iZfguF0
mr v6

Post by mr v6 »

yep ive just come back from a you tube session,was mainly minature engines tho :)