Old People

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

FoxyCav

Old People

Post by FoxyCav »

Sorry i had to write this just cant believe whats just happened to me. :roll:

driving along after JUST turning out of a side road, onto the main road (mad busy may i add)
old man decides to step right out in front of me, causing me to slam on, ABS flickers on but i stop . he apologises then gets back onto the pavement.............why the rant you ask..............well cos not even a foot away is a pedestrian crossing...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So i'm left shaking thinking gonna squash some old git, and he couldve gone to the traffic lights inches away. Least he had the decency to apologise, after i shouted at him to get back on the kerb :roll: i need a strong cuppa :shock:
Cavyman_130

Re: Old People

Post by Cavyman_130 »

sounds like a good old pensioner, I hate when you get some old biddy toddling along a back road which is a 60mph limit and they are doing a nice 30mph..........on the straights, they go even slower when approaching the corners. i cant help but get annoyed at them :lol:
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

gotta agree there bloody annoying, my dads just been behind one. doing 30 in a 40 zone. he drives a morris minor (dad) and was getting road rage lmao is that even possible??? the moggy minors top speed is 70 lmao
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

yea but you get road rage over the smallest things, you were sat up the arse of a porsche at 90 in my vectra
Cavyman_130

Post by Cavyman_130 »

ha ha brilliant, road rage with a porker
k1ngy

Post by k1ngy »

old people(well over 65s anyway)should be made to resit their driving tests because some of them can be realy dangerous on the roads.
once me and kelly were sat out side the shop and a old woman came out( must have been about 80ish)and had real trouble walking so one of the women outside the shop gave her a hand, well she walked about 5 steps and rested on the front of a car for a second or two looking a little out of breath then carried on walking around it, then to our supprise the old woman gets in the car! well it must have taken her about 5 mins to put her seat belt on and start the car.
now by this time there was a few people out side the shop watching this and looking rather concerned that she was going to drive the car, so with her seat belt on and wngine running she starts to reverse out of the parking space right in front of a car coming up the road causing him to slam on his breaks and missing the car by inches and the old woman just waves as if nothing has happened and just drives off up the street.

now most prob the car was her only way of getting to the shops or bingo...ect but in my opinion was just too old and frail to be driving a car and to be honest should have had her licence taken off her years ago
loving cavaliers since 1978
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

Cavyman_130 wrote:ha ha brilliant, road rage with a porker
it was pissing me off it wouldnt move outta the fast lane lmao :lol: :lol:
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Ye, tell me about it. I've had to perform emergency stops and swerves and all because of some old man or woman just didnt bother to stop before crossing. Mostly in a damn supermarket car park. Its like they actually aim to walk into my car, then think its my fault when i slowed down :evil: As for on the roads, well most are alright around here but there are still a few that completely lose their situational awareness, thinking they own the roundabout in their rusted up Allegros or Micras. :roll:
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
FoxyCav

Post by FoxyCav »

what they do is think they own the whole bloody roads and pavement and the young whipper snappers should slow down to a more decent speed say 2mph. i really wish i was in death race 2000 sometimes, wheeeeeeee 50 points for old biddy :lol:
Colorado

Post by Colorado »

:twisted: Oh yes
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

FoxyCav wrote:what they do is think they own the whole bloody roads and pavement and the young whipper snappers should slow down to a more decent speed say 2mph. i really wish i was in death race 2000 sometimes, wheeeeeeee 50 points for old biddy :lol:
Wouldnt be worth it Foxy ;) I wouldnt like to get my Cav messy just for that. For deathrace type destruction, there are flatbed trucks instead :D
Previous:

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Sphinx

Post by Sphinx »

has anyone read the metro this morning? a old man had to be resqued from the m20 motorway after he took the wrong exit and ended up driving down the motorway at 8mph on his dissability scooter. :lol: :wall
Live Hard, Die Fast & Leave A Nasty Corpse!

Colorado

Post by Colorado »

You couldnt make it up could you
Squig

Post by Squig »

no... you really couldn't... :lol:
Elwood Blues: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Redorado

Post by Redorado »

I had a similar thing the other week but at the other end of the spectrum some little kid no older then 7 came running out of a drive way not even looking at the road and got about 3 steps into the road before thinking 'oooh sht' there's a ton of red metal slamming on and swerving.

thankfuly i was aware of him and noticed he wasn't looking long before, but if there had been parked cars it would have been much worse, thinkin back it seemed to have been in slow mo is well.

i was so pissed off the rest of that evening, stupid little bugger, but i think he learnt his lesson as looking in my mirror he was bent doubled up on the pavement after having shat himself
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Good! :evil: Serves that little so'n'so right! Makes me think sometimes, if i werent driving my lovely Cav, whoever did that would be very sorry with broken bones. But as for my Cav, i wouldnt want to damage her paintwork :D
Previous:

Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Happens on a regular basis round here. pedestrian crossing,. no more than a 100yrds away.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Squig

Post by Squig »

makes you want bull bars :D

Gaz loses sleep for my car and helps me with parts at ungodly hours of the day. Awesome
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

hell ye :twisted: right..ebay :lol: Couldnt sleep well Squiggo? your post is like 02:53 :lol:
Previous:

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

What made me laugh is i spent last couple of days fixing a yaris for an old dear (she kept telling me she was the same age as the queen) she could barely walk at any rate but somehow she can still drive!
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Were you nice and polite and offer her a cuppa, Gaz? :p :D
Previous:

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

have you seen the cups in the workshop, i top up my mould intake on a daily basis.
The milk alone would probably kill her off.
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Gaz wrote:What made me laugh is i spent last couple of days fixing a yaris for an old dear (she kept telling me she was the same age as the queen) she could barely walk at any rate but somehow she can still drive!
It worries me does that.. reaction times and all that.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
Squig

Post by Squig »

Cavalier342 wrote:hell ye :twisted: right..ebay :lol: Couldnt sleep well Squiggo? your post is like 02:53 :lol:
I never sleep well... well I can never get too sleep so 3:30am is a regular for me, mind you I'm sleeping late too, but I was the same when I had to be up by 8am... I've driven to nw scotland on 3hrs before, then unloaded the van and driven back, even after that it was 2:30 before I could sleep...
Envoy CDX wrote:
Gaz wrote:What made me laugh is i spent last couple of days fixing a yaris for an old dear (she kept telling me she was the same age as the queen) she could barely walk at any rate but somehow she can still drive!
It worries me does that.. reaction times and all that.
It worries me more... that Gaz was fixing it indicates she bumped something... and I live 5 mins from there, which means she drives near me. :shock: