New F1 engine noise

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

iancav6

New F1 engine noise

Post by iancav6 »

See in the news that the Australian GP organisers are complaining the cars arent noisey enough and considering legal action.Must say I agree with them, the new v6 turbos sound sh1t compared to last years V8s or the old V10 &V12s.
Cavalier342

Re: New F1 engine noise

Post by Cavalier342 »

Not surprised..... Let's be honest it's all about fuel economy now, the less gas they burn, the more "respect" they get from governments etc.... Oh let's drop half the cylinders, that'll help with racing.... I was never massively into F1 but even I agree that cutting the number of cylinders by half will not make it any more interesting... It's a bit like going to Daytona and saying "Oh hello all you NASCAR chaps, would you awfully mind dropping 4 cylinders so we can have a green planet"??? Ain't gonna happen :lol:
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

I think people moaning about the lack of noise aren't seeing the bigger picture tbh. Droves of people have stopped watching in recent times because of the predictability surrounding race results. Now we have cars that have changed the order of things and that sound like your local Audi dealer's showroom stars, not to mention the similarity with the noise created by home computer racing games. People will be able to relate to the new noise which should encourage more people to identify with the sport. I quite like the sound of those turbos whistlin' their way around the track!
Super89

Post by Super89 »

If they were n/a tuned v6s and bigger cc they would sound really good, The turbo kills the noise
planetc

Post by planetc »

humbucker wrote:People will be able to relate to the new noise which should encourage more people to identify with the sport.
Perhaps the next step will be a couple of playing cards and a peg?
"No the temperature gauge doesn't work........
we've driven 150 miles today........
the heater went cold last Thursday........
they check the level when it's serviced don't they?"