What have I missed?!

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

humbucker
Club Admin

What have I missed?!

Post by humbucker »

I've just got back from an epic round-Europe road trip spanning seven countries in seven days. We took on some of the most incredible driving roads that the continent has to offer (including Route Napoleon through the French alps, Monaco and its F1 circuit, the mountains of northern Italy, the 'Top Gear' passes of Switzerland (Fluela, San Bernardino etc.), the mountain ranges of Austria and the hallowed ground of the Nurburgring in Germany).

I'll be posting some pics on the forum as soon as I've found time to sift through them all. Keep tabs on my Saab 900 thread in the 'Showroom' section: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=14777.

I'll also be rallying the troops to see who wants to join me on next year's trip. I think a club outing would be pretty cool. Details to follow, but don't book anything in for July 2016! ;)

So, what have I missed? Has Andrei reappeared?
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: What have I missed?!

Post by Robsey »

It has been quite quiet - probably because the world and it's wife and Aunt Mabel are all on holiday..

No sign of Andrei yet...

And we have managed not to kill the site yet.

Looking forward to seeing the sights by proxy...
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Welcome back guv'.
A European trip next year you say?....*rubs chin thoughtfully*
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
Greig Sri

Post by Greig Sri »

I would love to take my Cavalier SRi on a run around Europe at some point. Until that happens I have the Cavalier diplomat to take on the banger rally in October.
Greig
1993 Cavalier SRi C20XE (off road till better weather comes)
Astra SRi XP 150 estate 1.9 (the run around)
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

lowrider dave wrote:Welcome back guv'.
A European trip next year you say?....*rubs chin thoughtfully*
Greig Sri wrote:I would love to take my Cavalier SRi on a run around Europe at some point. Until that happens I have the Cavalier diplomat to take on the banger rally in October.
Greig
I'll be posting details of next year's trip shortly. All are welcome. We're planning to 'do the off' in July of next year. Keep 'em peeled :)
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

Welcome back Dan.
humbucker wrote:I'll also be rallying the troops to see who wants to join me on next year's trip. I think a club outing would be pretty cool. Details to follow, but don't book anything in for July 2016! ;)
You can count me in!
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

I love doing this section: Chur to Interlaken via Andermatt: Furkapasse-tastic!
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Our route: Home > Dover > Calais > Paris > Lyon > Route Napoleon > Nice > Monaco > Lake Como > San Bernadino Pass > (Stelvio closed due to landslide) > Fluela Pass > Innsbruck > Stuttgart > Nurburgring > (Spa closed) > Calais > Dover > Home
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Robsey wrote:
No sign of Andrei yet...
Doubtful you'll see much of Andrei, last time I saw him he was getting into his motorbikes and the Cav was sat on his drive with no mot or tax..

Also mentioned to me he was probably going back to Russia for a few months and may or may not be moving back to the Uk afterwards so who knows really
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Can I just say that I am surprised to be mentioned on here in general stuff, I know I've been here a while and that, but it's still unexpected, yet appreciated.

I've got a lot going on right now, and yes I was getting on 2 wheels, however my new 125 has packed up, needs a new cylinder head as the spark plug blew out, so I've got no transport at all, just managed to sell one scooter, now will be putting my V6 up for sale to hopefully get my 125 back on the road and look for a job.

I'm done with cars for now, I love the Cavaliers but I've had enough with traffic, lack of parking spare absolutely anywhere, running costs, for a 1/8th of the running price of my V6 I can have a 125cc which gets me anywhere and everywhere, and is so much less hassle. When it doesn't go wrong..

Anyways thanks guys, that's my latest for now, hopefully I will be moving abroad soon to maybe start a new life, so who knows. Time will tell. Good to see the forum still running, although it's tricky getting round the new layout.

All the best guys.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Wow that was a major shock. :shock:

Always entertaining to have you around Andrei,
but I suppose needs must, my friend.

In anticipation of your proposed departure, I would like to wish you good health, wealth and luck in your endeavours. :thumb
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Cheers Robsey, much appreciated mate. All the same to you as well. I'm not going yet though, I will be on here a bit more.

Just had one of them months where nothing goes well, so I mentally locked myself away from everything. Feeling a bit better now, so may throw a few jokes about the place, as long as it doesn't "offend" others.
Previous:

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Hey, Andrei! Even if you do leave Blighty, the forum still has a global reach. No need for you to be a stranger, even if you are on a different land mass! :)
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Oh I already knew that! I'm still not against reaching the 10.000 post milestone.
Previous: