Lost soul seeking the light

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

colin1

Lost soul seeking the light

Post by colin1 »

He might be along soon, we'll see :)
Thread reads from bottom to top

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Kurtis
You haven’t given much to go on but based on what you’ve said I would say that replacing the engine is probably a bit drastic.
There’s clearly a problem but replacing the engine in order to solve it is a bit sledgehammer-nut to be honest.
I can think of a few reasons off the top of my head why engines cut out then refuse to fire again

- Low tension module has packed up (leaving you with nothing to generate a spark)
- Immobiliser is intermittently playing up (immobilisers cut off fuel supply)
- Engine flat on turnover sounds like there might be a battery issue

to name but three. You have a device on your dashboard called an engine management (EM) light.
If it remains illuminated after the car’s been started, it’s telling you that there’s a problem somewhere and you can read the codes off.
Unfortunately, this doesn’t help you if you the engine won’t fire because you won’t be able to tell if the EM light is staying on.

I suggest you go here

http://www.vauxhallcavalier.com

enroll, introduce yourself and describe what the problem is. We’ll poke you with a few questions and try and help you get to the root of the problem

It’s a nice friendly site though

Don’t sell your cav, it looks like a tidy example
Cheers
Colin

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurtis via Gumtree Mail [mailto:Seller.rly7qc99msj8@reply.gumtree.com]
Sent: 28 May 2016 09:46
To: colin@samara1.plus.com
Subject: Re: colin replied to your ad: VAUXHALL CAVALIER SRI 2.0 16v

Yes that is correct. Not had a proper look over the car yet, so would not like to say as could be a number of things. Cut out then would not fire again just sounded flat on turnover with nothing to give? Belt still on etc. Should really get a proper look, but to be honest if I don't get the right offer as it stands I will replace the engine in time and keep it, just to busy with other commitments at the moment and a shame it sitting around. Will accept any sensible offer from a genuine buyer?

Dear Kurtis,
You have received a reply to your ad: "VAUXHALL CAVALIER SRI 2.0 16v " posted in Used Vauxhall for sale in Nairn.

Engine failure - but you want £1550 for it?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-mot ... gn=adreply

Always check out our Stay Safe pages for more tips and latest safety info
From The Gumtree Team
93K C20XE Cavalier SRi Hatchback Spectral Blue Metallic
94M X20XEV Cavalier SRi Hatchback Flame Red

96N C14NZ Corsa B 4-dr Flame Red'ish