Legal

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

Telegram Sam

Legal

Post by Telegram Sam »

Shot in the dark this:

Anyone know of / can recommend a lawyer / solicitor who would not be phased by and out of his depth in Cav related matters?
'91 H-reg SRi "130" manual hatch 8-valve non cat with mods
ilovedmymantas

Re: Legal

Post by ilovedmymantas »

Hope this really helps Iain ;
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-a ... ll-claims/

- clearest information I've ever found !

If you can beg (if necessary ! ) with your experts to commit their opinions to paper you should have a very good case to represent yourself for free. No-one knows it better than you after all.............

Good luck with your quest , keep us posted :thumb
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

That could be very useful indeed tks if, as is possible, I decide to go the Small Claims Court route and have to work out the procedures. The other options are "Trading Standards", and use of a solicitor who knows what a Cavalier is (when properly restored).

[Agreed value from insurance came in today: £3K! Wonder what it will be if I can get the job done properly]
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

Telegram Sam wrote:.......... and use of a solicitor who knows what a Cavalier is (when properly restored).........
........[Agreed value from insurance came in today: £3K! Wonder what it will be if I can get the job done properly]
I don't see you having much luck finding one unfortunately :( I doubt any trainee lawyer ever aspired to owning a Vauxhall cavalier even in top-spec. , more like Porsche, bmw or merc. :roll:
I think most cav's are appreciated by people who have fond memories of them & can use their hands & brains combined, or at least are willing to try :) Not the type who want the latest, greatest, most expensive elitist product and they want it now!( Mac over pc etc.),.... the ones that can't check the oil or tell between a washer fluid bottle and a header tank

That's a really good value :thumb
How did you manage that -really low mileage, niche insurer ?
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
Telegram Sam

Post by Telegram Sam »

Supporting pics showing a bit of spit & polish on the outside coupled with not too much graphic detail of the underneath!

Hopefully a "normal" lawyer will be capable of distinguishing between an ethical restoration and a downright con job, when presented with the evidence, regardless of the marque.