CAV TURBO

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

tazzzak

CAV TURBO

Post by tazzzak »

hi all,
I'm new here I was a member of CTOC but I don't know what happened to it, Anyway I have a 93 diamond black cav turbo 100% standard in every way with 55000 genuine miles on the clock I have owned it for 20 years, it has been covered and stored in a garage for about 18 of those 20 years and is in excellent condition with no welding/ rear arch refurbishment. undoubtedly it would require new timing belt, water pump, new tyres and a brake overhaul. Does anybody know what there worth now?
James McGrath
Club Admin

Re: CAV TURBO

Post by James McGrath »

Hello, welcome to VauxhallCavalier.com! :wave

Sounds like a hidden gem you have there.

In regards to how much they are worth, prices have been steadily rising for the last few years and one recently sold for £8,000. Whether or not prices will continue at that level remains to be seen however.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cavalier-Turb ... 7675.l2557
tazzzak

Post by tazzzak »

Thanks for your reply and the link mines in the same condition, slightly better I would say my engine bay is pristine but I'm a bit obsessive like that. And doesn't have the interior wear.
Good to know I did the right thing keeping it, took me 2 years to find it.
Ads

Post by Ads »

Hi,mate, welcome to the site. I am also a cav turbo owner, ive had mine over 10yrs now, and that seems like a lifetime, so 22 yrs is some going, as said the prices of these iconic cars have been going up in price, but I know I wouldn't sell mine as they are getting yery rare now, and trying to find another good one would be almost impossible, Ads
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Hello, and welcome to the club! I have two Cavalier Turbos atm, and there is no doubt that the model has commanded a higher price in recent years, although I would argue that this is in line with the rate at which classic/retro performance cars have risen across the board, primarily as a consequence of low interest rates and a depressed economy (investors looking for ways to see a return on investment that doesn't involve buying bonds or loading up the banks with cash). That said, we're approaching the Cavalier Turbo's twenty-fifth anniversary, and dates like that do tend to make the wider motoring world stand up and take notice (the same birthday for the Lotus Carlton saw the model double in value overnight). I would anticipate the next twelve months representing something of a high as far as Cavalier Turbo values are concerned, with prices levelling out as interest rates start to rise and an interest in buying classics (as an investment) begins to wane.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see a flood of Cavalier Turbos hitting the used car market as owners start to see examples selling for big money. This would mean that the currently-difficult-to-obtain Cavalier Turbo would become readily/regularly available for purchase, which might encourage owners to drop the price of their cars in order to make them more attractive to buyers. There's every chance that this might end up driving values down again.

The short answer to your question is that good examples in a standard state of tune should be fetching upwards of 6k. I sold one for 5k a couple of years ago. That was considered strong money at the time, but it was a very good car. Moreover, it goes to show that people will pay for the right machine. As James pointed out, a Satin Red car with 100k on the clock and Vectra B GSi bumper vents sold for 8k on eBay last week (I can confirm that the sale was completed a short while after the auction ended). The 'one owner from new' boast worked wonders when it came to the sale. It sounds as though your car has half the mileage and has been in your possession for a similar length of time to the Satin Red eBay star, so expect it to fetch a tidy sum, even with the required service and maintenance jobs you mention in your original post.

Any pics?!
Ads

Post by Ads »

Ads wrote:Hi,mate, welcome to the site. I am also a cav turbo owner, ive had mine over 10yrs now, and that seems like a lifetime, so 22 yrs is some going, as said the prices of these iconic cars have been going up in price, but I know I wouldn't sell mine as they are getting yery rare now, and trying to find another good one would be almost impossible, Ads
can someone tell me why this post has been edited, removing all mention of CTOC.
tazzzak

Post by tazzzak »

photos taken about a year ago
humbucker
Club Admin

Post by humbucker »

Ads wrote:can someone tell me why this post has been edited, removing all mention of CTOC.
I've been asking the very same thing about links to here from CTOC :lol: :lol:

My fault - trigger happy with 'submit' instead of 'preview' when correcting broken link. Feel free to repost.
Lowrider Dave
Club Admin

Post by Lowrider Dave »

Lovely to see a very clean and original Cavalier Turbo. Welcome to the forum!
Lowrider Dave.

Archer 2.0 GLS
Ads

Post by Ads »

humbucker wrote:
Ads wrote:can someone tell me why this post has been edited, removing all mention of CTOC.
I've been asking the very same thing about links to here from CTOC :lol: :lol:

My fault - trigger happy with 'submit' instead of 'preview' when correcting broken link. Feel free to repost.
its not a problem Dan, i thought i had broken the rules or something, lol