Thinking on buying this

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

cavalier1990

Thinking on buying this

Post by cavalier1990 »

Omega 2.6 24v cdx auto. 69k miles. Mot history verifies mileage as gen. Looks good no rust on arches by looks of it or anywhere else. Wants £995, what do you think I could knock him down to? :)

3cav3

Re: Thinking on buying this

Post by 3cav3 »

With a big gas gussler car like that I'd be looking to give him £500. I doubt it will sell quick so I'd leave it a month then wave a wad of cash under his nose.
cavalier1990

Post by cavalier1990 »

3cav3 wrote:With a big gas gussler car like that I'd be looking to give him £500. I doubt it will sell quick so I'd leave it a month then wave a wad of cash under his nose.
Mmm I don't think he would have went that low. Luxury barge - he had it at 995, said he'd brought it down from 1200, which I don't know is true or not but I managed to get it for 850. Would say that's about what I would have expected to pay as that was less than what I paid for senator and is probably in better nick too. Low miles, very good nick, no sign of tinworm. Pick up End of week.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

One of the later facelift models.
Very nice.

And a fair price I think.
As long as you don't give in to the "lead boot" too often, you should be fine with regard fuel bills.
Sadly, you will be subject to silly emissions related road fund license prices.
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

Sounds like a bargain to me.
I wouldn't mind something like this myself as a daily.
cavalier1990

Post by cavalier1990 »

Robsey wrote:One of the later facelift models.
Very nice.

And a fair price I think.
As long as you don't give in to the "lead boot" too often, you should be fine with regard fuel bills.
Sadly, you will be subject to silly emissions related road fund license prices.
It is quite a nice example. 2.6 so shouldn't be too bad on the gas I would think. It had a bit of a bite to the acceleration, well from what I could feel without giving the sales guy a heart attack lol, although I'm still betting my senator would probably tank it or at least keep up. Mind you I will be looking after it and not thrashing it especially with a v6 that I do not know when the timing belt was changed.

Pick it up next week.