Pictures of my 2 Cavaliers at last

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

bobthevoice

Re: Pictures of my 2 Cavaliers at last

Post by bobthevoice »

Hi Guys,a long awaited update on my 1990 Cav GL. since taking ownership of the car i have been making small changes that help to improve the cars look (imo) first off i was given a set off the faux wood door trim inserts by Alan from Paisley and i then sourced a set of alloys from a Cesaro that i had powder coated.i had 4 Hankook's fitted as the existing tyres where a bit loose on the twisty bits. i painted the wing mirror covers in Mexico red. i also fitted a radio/cd unit with phone bluetooth etc. for me these changes have enhanced the car by some margin and it could be said available as a dealer fit option? phone not withstanding.anyway the car looks even better now. in my 2 years of ownership the car has went from 36K to 42K and during that time i have renewed the timing belt kit and water pump.i have also fitted anew exhaust system minus the downpipe as it looked fairly new.new oil and filter and rocker gasket fitted too.a couple of weeks ago i heard a slight noise from the n/s rear hub bearings and stripped them out,cleaned and re-greased them. now this helped...a bit but within days the o/s rear bearings where getting noisy too. so i bought a bearing kit and stripped off the hubs for my mate to change the bearings in his garage for me.having a vice is handy.
the car is as quiet as a mouse now.happy days. i also renewed the fuel pipe from the pump to the tank as it was degrading and sweating fuel. some time in September the son of the original owner will be visiting Aberdeen. he has lived in Virginia USA for many years and this will be a chance for him to see and drive his dads car in over 20? years. i have been offered serious £££ for this car but i will never sell it as i made a promise to the family to make sure as it's custodian i would cherish and look after this car in the way it deserved.i will never sell it.i honestly still smile every time i drive this beautiful Vauxhall Cavalier.
cheers guys
Bob the voice
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Any pics of the changes ?
bobthevoice

Post by bobthevoice »

Ian i hope to post some pics tomorrow all being well with my ancient phone.

Bob the Voice