How much is it worth

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

nikkiperry

How much is it worth

Post by nikkiperry »

Hi, my 19 year old son has inherited his grand dads 1995 Vauxhall cavalier with 100k on the clock I think it is a LS model. It is In dark green and runs lovely. I was wondering how much these cars are worth as my son does not drive and would like to sell it on
Cavalier342

Re: How much is it worth

Post by Cavalier342 »

They tend to go for anything between £400 and £1000 for non Turbo/GSi/V6 models, those usually fetch higher prices, but for a typical LS spec model, depending on overall condition and maintenance history, you may be looking at around £400 mark, maybe £500, but it depends on a lot of things, i.e manual/automatic, hatchback/sedan, etc etc.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
nikkiperry

Post by nikkiperry »

Thankyou, where would you recommend I should put it up for sale
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

To advertise it here, you need to accumulate 50 posts on this forum, it's a rule for everyone, I wouldn't suggest putting it on ebay as you won't get a lot for it on there, and if the car is immaculate or at least very tidy, it would always be better off being preserved by someone with good knowledge of them. It wouldn't hurt to stick around, reach 50 posts and putting an advert on this forum, you never know. At the very least, we can tell you what to look for on the car which would help determine it's overall value should you still want to sell it.

Regards.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Hi Nikki,

Welcome to the forum. :wave

Cavaliers are starting to escalate in price, to the point that my 1994 Cavalier is now worth much more than the wife's 2005 Vectra.

It all comes down to condition.
Body work, interior and mechanicals -
how much of the car actually works properly and how much needs attention.

Everyone knows a relative who had a Cavalier, but only a few have the passion and (perhaps deep pockets) to take on a twenty something year old car that is too new to be a classic, but too old to be modern.

I tend to avoid ebay. Too many chancers and people who are out to take the mick.

Although the post count issue is a bit of a faff, it is useful to allow potential insight into the seller and the history of the car.
It also weeds out some of the over-night chancers. (No slur on yourself inferred).

However, I am sure that once we get to see a few posts, it is possible that we can be a little flexible on the post count rule.

I hope my long ramble makes sense. :D
nikkiperry

Post by nikkiperry »

Yes thankyou that is very helpfull
Mikebmth

Post by Mikebmth »

Not everyone will agree but if you are on Facebook or your son is then there are a LOT of Vauxhall groups inc groups for the Vauxhall Cavalier where people often buy and sell with a large number of viewers, it maybe worth putting an advert on there.
Free Parking is a bonus, leaving my Cav in a carbon dust filled carpark is not.....