Interesting Statistic !!

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

fontayne56

Interesting Statistic !!

Post by fontayne56 »

Ok so apparently there are 2300 registered Austin Sevens on the road
And .. 2900 Cavaliers Registered.... so pretty close in numbers.

I like going to classic are shows but never taken my cavalier yet... When do you think it's time?
Cavalier342

Re: Interesting Statistic !!

Post by Cavalier342 »

Only 2900? That's a lot less than I thought.

I think you can take it, I don't know how old yours is, but the pre-facelift models are considered to be more "classic" than facelift, especially if completely original inside and out.
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

I think the true definition of classic is 30 years old or more.
So for "Classics Snobs", the first Mk3s will be considered classic in October 2018.

Mine won't reach classic status until 2024.
Steven715

Post by Steven715 »

I say take it now sod those people who don’t think it’s a classic, just say it’s retro ;) I know someone that takes there MK3 to classic car shows ok it’s a 1993 L reg but like I say when is the last one you see on the road? My 1995 N reg still gets attention when I was out and about in it not as much as my 1986 MK2 but still. There are people like myself that appreciates these cars.
1995 (N) Cavalier 2.0 16V CDX
X20XVE Engine
Cavalier342

Post by Cavalier342 »

Steven715 wrote:I say take it now sod those people who don’t think it’s a classic, just say it’s retro ;) I know someone that takes there MK3 to classic car shows ok it’s a 1993 L reg but like I say when is the last one you see on the road? My 1995 N reg still gets attention when I was out and about in it not as much as my 1986 MK2 but still. There are people like myself that appreciates these cars.

Now there is what I call a very cavalier spirit. Good on you!
Previous:
China Blue 1989 Vauxhall Cavalier L 18SV
Kings Blue 1992 Vauxhall Cavalier LSi Auto C18NZ
Smoke Grey 1994 Vauxhall Cavalier V6 C25XE

Am I a light sleeper or a heavy sleeper? Well that depends on how much I've had to drink...
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

I agree whole heartedly.
My 1994 car gets lots of attention.

I must get stopped 3 or 4 times a month by people wanting to talk about and re-live fond memories of a previous car or even a parent's car.

This is why I used the phrase "classics snobs" in my reply.

I would never "show" mine as such, as it will never be 100% perfect in my eyes, but I would be more than happy to attend classic shows in it.
Steven715

Post by Steven715 »

I don’t show mine for any awards or anything like that I agree with Robsey people love reliving find memories when they look at mine you always hear “My dad, grandad or whoever had one of these” you never get bored of hearing it and I always enjoy speaking to people telling me about there stories related to the Cavalier. Yes you get the classic snobs but the stories and friends you make far outweighs the negatives. Go and have a laugh I always have a great time going to shows.
1995 (N) Cavalier 2.0 16V CDX
X20XVE Engine