Searching for my old GSi

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

SRiGUY93

Searching for my old GSi

Post by SRiGUY93 »

Hey all, new to this club but have had loads of Cavs in the past. I’m currently on the look out for my old white GSi with the reg ‘K910 KGF’ car was in South Wales for years but I think it’s gone to England now. It was last around my area 2 years ago. If anybody owns or knows the whereabouts of this cav please let me know. As far as I know the car has been sorned. Thanks in advance :D
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: Searching for my old GSi

Post by Robsey »

Sorry, no idea of it's current location etc.

Showing SORN, no tax and no MOT.
SRiGUY93

Post by SRiGUY93 »

Thanks for the reply! Sorry my response is really late. I know it’s sorned but I just want to find the car tbh. I’ve posted everywhere. I’m saving some money and if I can find it and the owner is willing I’ll buy it back. Have you got any ideas on how I could track this vehicle down? Thanks in advance
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

The only real way is to phone the dvla directly.

I did this on a car I bought 30 years ago, as the VIN results did nt make proper sense.
They were able to send out all documentation from dealer sales receipt onwards.

So they should be able to identify if the vehicle is only SORNed or if it has a certificate of destruction against it.

One thing they will not do, is tell you the details of the current / last registered keeper as that would be in breach of data protection.

Whether they would contact the last keeper on your behalf, for a fee, you would need to discuss this with them.

Sorry that I cannot help more than that.