It's that time, finally...

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

Cabletwitch

It's that time, finally...

Post by Cabletwitch »

Hey all, not been very active for a while now. Mostly due to work, some of it tiredness and being lazy, but a large chunk of it has been down something rather big changing in my life...

If all goes well on Wednesday (21st), I'm going to be getting a visa which enables me to go to the states and get my daft arse married to a wonderful American lass I've been engaged to for the last few years! This means I've got to be getting all my important stuff packed up, and shipped over... which sadly, will not include any of the Cavs in my current possession.

Now, I realise stuff like this is better suited to being in the 'For Sale' section, but I really don't fancy faffing around with selling anything. They're all up for grabs, free to a good home. The 2.0 is mostly intact, just needs an exhaust, a windscreen if the scratches are annoying you, and the ever present CxxNE engine issue to be sorted. Otherwise, she passed the MoT cleanly, and is eminently drivable and good, if a little in need of a clean.

The 1.8 is SORN, and needs a trailer or some kind of transport if it's to go anywhere. The only reason it was taken off the road was again the engine thing, never was able to find the cause. She runs, drives and is good enough if you don't mind a few weird things the previous owner did to it, but would be easily restored to a better condition with some time and love.

And finally, my old beloved 1.7TD, which never got the attention or the repairs it needed after some fool rear-ended me on the M23 all those years ago. She's mostly suitable for parts now, unless someone is determined to get her back to a decent standard. The rear end was pulled back out, and the damaged parts have been replaced, but she would need an ID check before anything else happens. I hate to part with her, but it's just impossible for me to continue without having first won the lottery. I would rather one of you guys had it and used whatever you could, than it being crushed unceremoniously in some pikey yard somewhere.

If anyone is interested, wants to have a look at them or feels they can take them, just let me know. I know not everyone has space for multiple vehicles, but if you do, here's your chance.

Of course, this means I'll be even LESS active here, what with no Cavs anymore, but who knows... maybe one day I can export one to the states and show the yanks what they've been missing out on?
Never use another Cav driver as guidance to a destination, unless you REALLY want to explore the country.

"Won't SOMEBODY please think of the scones?"

1.7TD Ethos (Slightly broken)
1.8i (Given up, going for parts)
2.0i (WHY won't it work?!)
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: It's that time, finally...

Post by Robsey »

Sounds like major changes ahead for you.
Does she not fancy coming to the UK with our great cars and free health care?

I don't need another car myself, but I am sure that "free to a good home" will be the right price for some lucky people.

I wish you well in the land of mob'le homes and fanny packs.
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

Hi Mike,
Great news about your engagement and the visa coming through.
Sorry to hear about the cavs though.

I've just shown this to Lizzie and we're interested in the 2.0I CD.
PM on its way!
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Good luck with what ever you do over there, where about's are going to live somewhere nice & warm all year round like the sunshine state of Florida ?
Cabletwitch

Post by Cabletwitch »

Far from it... off to the sun and snow that is Buffalo, NY!
Never use another Cav driver as guidance to a destination, unless you REALLY want to explore the country.

Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Cabletwitch wrote:Far from it... off to the sun and snow that is Buffalo, NY!
Not a huge change then from the uk.
Sun and snow.

Remember not to store any anti-freeze within a mile of your home.
It is the American woman's favourite poison for getting their hands on their husband's life insurance... ha ha. :shock:

I am sure she is a wonderful woman, and I should not watch so many American true crime stories on TV. :lol:

I wish you both the best of health, wealth and happiness in the land of big guns and even bigger chilli-dogs. :grommit

I am sure Andrei will be mighty green with envy - :mrgreen: he sure does dig those big yank tanks.

:thumb
Cabletwitch

Post by Cabletwitch »

Hah! I'm pretty sure I'll be the one doing most of the cooking anyhow, I'll be a house husband for the first 4-6 months until I get the right paperwork to be able to look for a job. But thank you, I'm sure it'll be interesting but good getting to grips out there, I've got my hands full just trying to teach them proper English for a start...

Oh, and if Andrei wants his old Cav back, he's more than welcome to it... (BUF, in case you're reading this!)

Cabletwitch

Post by Cabletwitch »

Well, the 2.0 has been sold to James, and it's off to a good home, happy with that. As for the other two...

Last chance if anyone wants one! Otherwise they'll be taking that sad final trip to the scrappy... a sad ending for the 1.7TD at the very least. Has most of the CD package left, engine is pukka, Ethos model... and all for free! Just need to come get it! Same for the 1.8, free to a good home, for parts or whatever, all you need to do is pick it up!

Cabletwitch

Post by Cabletwitch »

Sadly, the TD went to the great Scrappy in the Sky yesterday, with the 1.8 going in about an hours time. After years of waiting, it never got the chance it deserved to be fixed up properly, developing more problems than anticipated. The 1.8 was in better nick, but just seems no-one wants them these days. Alas, in both cases, more potential spares are gone from the pool.

L165 BJU - I'll miss you.