The dog's....

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

N-Dog

The dog's....

Post by N-Dog »

ONE WEEK TO GO until I take YDM to the paint shop on 1st December...…it's there for a fortnight.... I can't wait (except for the bill - not looking forward to that - best part of £2k gone - but it's worth it!)
Pretty much every panel being worked on and tidied - and plastics, too - and little dents removed.. I tell you, it's going to look the b*****ks when it's finished!
Once the paintwork is done, then....
* have the underside Waxoyled
* sort out the knock from the NSF wheel
* flush and replace coolant/anti-freeze
* oil and filter change
* fit 4 x HEKO window air deflectors
* fit 4 x Vauxhall branded mudflaps
* fit new shiny badges all round
* valet it - drive it - show it - enjoy it!
Photos to follow in January, when it's all finished.....
Happy Cavving, people - looking forward to meeting some of you at events throughout 2019.[URL=https://s1376.photobucket.com/user ... .jpg[/img][/url]
1995 (M) Cavalier 2.0 16v GLS saloon
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: The dog's....

Post by Robsey »

Sounds like things are moving on at quite a pace.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures in January 2019.
8-)
bobthevoice

Post by bobthevoice »

Eagerly waiting to see how your car turns out fella.the picture at the moment shows a fabulous car as is.

Bob. :thumb
N-Dog

Post by N-Dog »

Thanks Bob. At a distance, it flatters to deceive; up close, the paint damage is evident. Most panels look as though they have been washed with a Brillo pad, there are swirls and light scratches all over. The bonnet and bumpers are the worst, but pretty much everywhere needs attention. There is lacquer loss, and marks where bird sh** has been allowed to dry in, despite the car being garaged all its life. All to be remedied soon! However, underneath it all, it is entirely rust-free and filler-free - thankfully.
N-Dog

FRONT SPLITTER AVAILABLE

Post by N-Dog »

I have taken the decision to REMOVE the front splitter, as in is a non-original part (ie it's off a Renault!) and that will be offered as available to forum members only. I won't post it - it can either be collected, or I'll bring it with me later in 2019 to an event or meet. PM me with your offer......