Rave from the grave

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

Greydj

Rave from the grave

Post by Greydj »

Blast from the past here, first post in 10 years, must be some kind of record :)

Still got a couple of Mk3s,an XE SRi and a CDi, as well as my Mk2 and Calibra. I'm the VBOA rep for Mk2 Cav so most of my effort goes in that direction.

I can't put any ads up here as my post count is so low but, like at Mk2cav, some of you might need stuff I have.

Quite a few Mk3s have come to the end of their lives on my drive over the years. All of them donated something to my parts pile so if any of you folks are missing something just ask as I am trying to cut its size. Everything from bolts and clips to a leather rear seat for a hatch (samples selected at random).

I do have some hens teeth like a brand new set of fanblade wheel centres. So rare that I've put them on eBay as 163418007251

Not sure if you have noticed but VxON as a Club is no more. What might be called the First Generation of online clubs are definitely suffering from social media. The website, now owned by Americans, is still there and busy but almost nothing on our generation of Vauxhalls.

Anyone got ant views on the new location of the VBOA show?

Best wishes to you all. John
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: Rave from the grave

Post by Robsey »

Hi John,

Many interesting comments there.
First of all - welcome back.

I will start in reverse order...

The VBOA show. I know very little about the inner workings of VBOA themselves, however I understand that this next year (2019) the main event will be in Ireland.

Maybe shooting themselves in the foot, because I know a lot of people struggle to drive to Market Harborough (and Billing).
So for many, including me a trip across the water may be just too far to go.
I fear a poorly attended show, but perhaps I may be wrong.

The outcome may be a well attended VauxFest on the Billing site.
Although hopefully better advertised this year.
I attended the Saturday of both VBOA and Vauxfest in 2018, and sadly Vauxfest was a very damp squib compared.

CavMk2 club eh...
I was a member some 10 or so years ago... when I had a white 1987 1300 base saloon.
Damn best car I ever had. Sadly lost to the rust monster in 2007.
Saw some beautiful examples at the Cheshire Classic car show in 2018.
Seeing them brought back all the love and passion I felt for our old car. I would love one again, but restoring my mk3 damn near bankrupted me.

Amazing that you mention the post count milarkey. Most people ignore that rule and try their luck.
Only to find their account deleted for blatant disregard of the rules.

As for VxON, yes I remember it in it's hay day. That and Mig Web, but I am an old fart. Ha ha
Sadly it is all Insignia and Vectra-C in the Cavalier / Calibre section these days.

The only thriving Cavalier site now is Cavalier Corner on facebook.
The Cavalier love is still strong and vibrant there.

As an admin here (not the main admin though), I hope that this site will remain a source of great friendship, information and general all-round Cavalier goodness for many years to come.
There are no plans for the site to suddenly fold any time soon. - yayy.
(I do have assurances from the main admin).

But if there were ever ideas to close the site, then I would gladly take up the reins and financial burdon of keeping the site going, whilst there is still sufficient interest.

Kindest regards,
Rob