Suspension

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

Jamie01

Suspension

Post by Jamie01 »

Hi guys.... looking some pointers on lowering my Sri hatchback....iv never lowered a cavalier before and struggling with what brands best,,, I already have a bertone dropped on 40mm Prosport springs and tbh it sits really well ... tho iv looked at cavs online lowered 40mm and the still seem pretty high especially at the rear ,,,, "Lo" do a 50mm spring but iv ever heard of this brand before .... and also I'm not sure if 50mm would require shortened shocks ,,,, I'm very close to going ahead a purchasing 60mm Pro Sport springs as she isnt my daily car ,,,and i do enjoy the lowered look ,,but the only shortened shocks I can seem to find is "Pi" and they only seem to be sold as single units at £48 a piece ,,,,All in all ,, heads pickled lol ,, any advice would be appreaciated lads ,,,cheers
iangsi
Club Admin

Re: Suspension

Post by iangsi »

First of all Welcome :wave

Anything lower than 35 - 40mm requires shorter shocks Bilstein do some not sure what number. People use corsa springs but it’s not recommended as the cav weighs significantly more than a corsa & compresses it to much Eibach is a good spring manufacture alot of people use & rate highly.
James McGrath
Club Admin

Post by James McGrath »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I can't say that I've got buckets of experience with lowering but I can recommend the combination of Eibach pro kit springs and Bilstein B4 shock absorbers.
I have this combination on my Diplomat and i think it's a great balance between handling and comfort.
Any lower or stiffer would be too harsh for me.

The Eibach pro springs lower the car by about 30mm and personally I think it's just the right height.

Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

When I lowered mine by 30 / 40mm, I got Spax springs and Bilstein B4 dampers from Demon Tweaks.

The car looks and feels much better than it did on factory LSi suspension.
And with slightly bigger wheels, it looks even better.
(From 14" steelies to 15" fanblades).

On 14" Steelies.

On 15" FanBlades.

HAIRIBO

Post by HAIRIBO »

I had b4 bilstien and eibach springs on my TD hatch.

Drove well, and was comfy.

Had b8 bilstien and Courtenay sport springs on my V6 saloon. Handled like a touring car, but was stiff. And lower.

My plan when I get the V6 back on the road is to fit the eibach springs on the b8 shocks... That set up is called bilstien b12.. ( for years it was known as one of the best set ups available, and many tuning companies would fit that spec to its cars.. such as BMW and Mercedes tuners)
C30XE