Classic Vauxhall Magazine

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

Mk3alan

Classic Vauxhall Magazine

Post by Mk3alan »

I guess others here receive the Practical Classics Magazine and reading the latest edition I have seen they have produced 'The Enthusiasts Guide to Classic Vauxhall' which is available in WH Smith's or online at greatmagazines.co.uk.
One article is of a Cavalier being driven across the Alps.
Sounds like it could be an interesting read!

Alan
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: Classic Vauxhall Magazine

Post by Robsey »

I only ever got one or two copies of practical classics .. my last copy about two years ago - the last time I had a holiday in the UK.

My magazine of choice from approx 1988 to 1996 was Car Mechanics.
I had over 400 magazines at one stage.
I kept a few about servicing the Mk2 Cavalier and stuff like that, but binned the rest. :o

I am sure that being the forum Tech Spec man and Historian, James will probably be picking himself up a copy of the Practical Classics paper.
Mk3alan

Post by Mk3alan »

Car Mechanics, still get it!
When I bought my Cab within a couple of months they did an appraisal of the electronic motronic system on mine which I thought could come handy, so I kept it (somewhere!)

Alan
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

I used to get car mechanics, but stopped in about 2008 as didn't like the new format. I sometimes get practical classic s but don't really like it, don't know why. I'll have a look out for the Vauxhall issue though.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Sadly, with changes in staff and perceived customer based preferences, a lot of magazines changed.

Very few for the better.

---------------------------------------------

I know of a lot of people who feel the same about this forum.

Many preferred the old CavMk3OC forum, complaining that the new vauxhallcavalier.com format is very much like a magazine layout.

I think a lot of 'dislike' stems from the loss of the tapatalk facility, and no longer hosting images.

The astute amongst you will have noticed that James and myself both used the old site name within the past week ;)

Hopefully James and myself now have the balance right...
I encourage members to speak up if they would like something to be featured, discussed or explained.

We are only as good as our members.

Returning to topic.
I am inquisitive to know what is featured in the magazine.
But at such a wide topic area, I would be concerned that I would come away disappointed because I do not see enough about the models that I love...
I know, it is about the marque, not me - :roll:
Mk3alan

Post by Mk3alan »

Well been to a reasonable sized WHSmiths in Basildon - didn't have it, not going to get it and couldn't tell me which branches were going to! Not very helpful.
Popped in Asda on way home and they had it, £7.49 though!
Bought one as it's looks quite interesting and we have owned quite a few Vauxhall's over the years going back to a HA Viva! but think the price would put a lot off!

Alan
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

I did a google search for Classic Vauxhall Magazine, and it came back with a publishers website and a magazine priced at £20. :shock:
Yikes.

Definitely priced for the enthusiasts among us.

I bow my head in shame, as I would not pay that much for a magazine. Not even a Vauxhall magazine. I stopped buying car magazines when they reached £4 in price a fair few years ago.

Sadly, I still feel hard done to, because I know what I paid in the 90's for stuff.
Mk3alan

Post by Mk3alan »

£20! Can't be the same magazine - I'd want a hardback for that!
I hesitated at £7.95
(haven't read it yet!)

Alan
iangsi
Club Admin

Post by iangsi »

Is it a one off thing or is it going to be a regular publication ? If it’s a regular one £7.95 is a bit steep.
Mk3alan

Post by Mk3alan »

Don't think they could swing £7.94 on a regular basis!
Just a one off, started reading and it's quite interesting.

Alan