Injector Seal and Pigtail for plug seal

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

cavalier1990

Injector Seal and Pigtail for plug seal

Post by cavalier1990 »

Hi

I sent my SPI injector away for cleaning and got it returned with no injector seal, it's a little rubber ring that sits on the bottom of the injector. Anyone know where you can get these? I'm also looking for the little seal that goes between the plug and the injector as it's turned too moosh being exposed to fuel for so long.

Basically the seal you can see in this plug here:

https://www.obdinnovations.com/connecto ... -injector/

Cheers

Andrew
James McGrath
Club Admin

Re: Injector Seal and Pigtail for plug seal

Post by James McGrath »

I sent the LS's injector off a while back and it had exactly the same issue with the rubber seal.
I used one from a connector I bought on eBay and cut it to size.

It's on page 14 of my WIP thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6386&start=325

I think the O-rings are standard sizes. Try and measure the diameter of the injector and see if you can find an appropriate one.
cavalier1990

Post by cavalier1990 »

Thanks James,

I'll have a look on eBay see if I can find anything. I wasn't keen on fitting any rubber seal in case it wasn't made specifically to seal fuel, I think Halfords do a box but think they are general purpose seals.
cavalier1990

Post by cavalier1990 »

Well what a palava this as been today. The guy swore he'd put the seals in the jiffy bag, couldn't see them, but eventually I spotted one on the floor. He'd put them in the bag between the bubble wrap wrapped round the injector, so when I lifted the injector out, the seal fell on the floor, a black floor no less! Might have been better if they'd have put it back on injector or in bubble wrap with injector, then again that's too common sense!

So I had one but not the main one that goes round the top of the injector, so I sat and looked at it, and there it was, in the slot pressed up against the very edge of the bit where the C clamp goes on to hold the injector in. I swear it's so hard to see it, and so thin as well, the injector is black too so really hard to see it.

Anyway I have the seals now, but I thought you know I want to replace them, easy you'd think a couple of O rings, not so, most of the stuff online is kits, for more modern cars, or more popular classic cars like Jags. I eventually found this place and I have ordered the ones that match the measurements of mine, they are safe for fuel too. link below to the search section:

https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/Seals ... index.html

For the smaller seal that goes around the nozzle, enter in the drop down list: 'cross section' 1.6mm, then 'inside diameter' 12.1mm, then 'outside diameter only option will be 15.3, which I measured is correct.

For the bigger seal that goes around the nozzle, enter in the drop down list: 'cross section' 1.6mm, then 'inside diameter' 19.1mm, then 'outside diameter only option will be 22.3, which I measured is correct.

This is the part number for both seals from GM, but I can't see them anywhere online:

That's why I ended up going to the place above. Another result from my persistent digging!
Skara

Post by Skara »

Just a heads up for anyone who's going to order these o-rings, the measurements ''cavalier1990'' posted are incorrect. I was too lazy to measure them myself and ordered by those measures he posted but the o-rings does not fit. Again I DO NOT mean anything ill with this post just a heads up.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

Skara wrote:Just a heads up for anyone who's going to order these o-rings, the measurements ''cavalier1990'' posted are incorrect. I was too lazy to measure them myself and ordered by those measures he posted but the o-rings does not fit. Again I DO NOT mean anything ill with this post just a heads up.
I am sure Andrew will not take offence.

The seals / O'rings that you ordered.
Were they for the same injector type.?
His is for the 1.8 CFi (Multec) single point injector.

I am sure he will report back if all was well for him or not, when they arrive.
Skara

Post by Skara »

Yeah mine are also for multec but for 1.6 (C16NZ) I reckon they are same.