Members near Newcastle

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

kimi sri

Members near Newcastle

Post by kimi sri »

Hi guys, during this weird time I'm currently furloughed and having a bit of extra time on my hands have been sorting stuff out in my garage in between schooling the kids and jobs around the house. So have made progress and have organised my parts for the cavalier and going to make every effort to get it finished ASAP and finish my wip thread. Is there any members around Newcastle that would be up for showing off there cavalier to pep up my motivation? With the obvious social distancing measures in place?
thomas

Re: Members near Newcastle

Post by thomas »

Hi Kimi,

I'm not that far from Newcastle, but over the Border -about 40-50 miles up the A68, near Hawick. There used to be (pre-lockdown) a regular, informal evening classic-car meet, at the Metro Centre Gateshead, every 2nd Wednesday of the month. Kept meaning to make it down there for it with the Viva, which is now in deep resto, with no prospect of being finished any time soon, certainly not this year I don't think, hindered further by my arm/wrist being in plaster, and aches and pains all over from a bike-crash last month, but when (if) it's finished I hope to make a trip or two down to The Metro, if the meet is still going, or resumes. For me my '94 Cav LS isn't a classic, it's thoroughly modern to me. I don't get much of the 'cor not seen one them for donkey's years, (most now have never seen one ever before, and but for the badges wouldn't have a clue what it is) my grandad/dad/uncle/neighbour used to have one of those!' with the Cav as I did with the HB Viva, but one or two have realised the Cav is not only in amazing good nick, but a bit different and though once ubiquitous, is rare as hell now. Might want to mosey over there 10th June, report back, with pics, used to be a few Vivas turned up there regularly.
--
Cav 1994 1.8LSi 5-dr Jungle Green Pearl: Daily. :D