Can anyone give me any advice please?

Anything not covered by the other topics in 'The Lounge'. Keep it clean...!

Moderator: Robsey

3cav3

Can anyone give me any advice please?

Post by 3cav3 »

About 2 years ago I purchased a house of a dead lady's estate, took an awful lot of scrimping to save the over £20k deposit .
Her son is for other words a scum bag.
Within days of moving in I had very aggressive baylifs looking for money. Since then I had been chased for his debts, my credit score also plummeted. I've had countless people turning up looking for money plus lots of court letters that I've returned to sender stating he didn't live here and to check the land registry.
A while ago it seemed to stop, a Google search showed he was being chased in at least 6 counties for amongst other things kiddy fiddling,( personally I would chop his balls off for that) then it was reported he had been arrested and was staying with the queen.
Unfortunately I heard on the grapevine that due to lack of evidence he had been released and had returned to the area. It has now started back up, only tonight a speeding offence arrived for a 19 plate car arrived, we have owned the house since 18, so has to be fraud committed. I've contacted the police and they don't seem interested. If I could find him me and my mates would pay him a visit and just give him some friendly advise on how to keep his knee caps where nature intended but I can't track the sod down.
Any thoughts on how I can wrap up this problem?
Robsey
Club Admin

Re: Can anyone give me any advice please?

Post by Robsey »

Obviously knee-capping the guy is not going to help from a legal stand-point, but I am sure that all his 'victims' would put a good word in for you, when you appear at the local magistrates court. - lol.

I would hope that you are over the worst of it, and so you should be able to manage with the aftermath of his pathetic / dodgy actions.

As for any tickets or fines...yes they are a pain, but as the vehicle is not registered to you or your household, it should be a simple matter of sending the fine back stating that you do not own such a vehicle, it is not legally registered at your address and more importantly - you have never seen the car, nevermind driven it on the day in question...or any other day for that matter.
Or phone the number on the paperwork to explain the error.

Do not get me started on "the disinterest of the local police"...
I am sure that there are lots of good coppers out there, but sadly the legal system (politics, funding cuts and offenders rights (?)) is not set up to help and protect legitimate victims.

Police have little more legal clout than my local pig farmer.... if I had a local pig farmer.

As for their lack of interest in your local paedo... I am sure they are fully aware of his antics, but are powerless to act until something major happens... like his knee caps suddenly become evicted.
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

The concern I've got is that the car did appear to be registered to my address, just in his name. I've received no log book so am not sure how he's done it. I've contacted the police and DVLA but under the bloody data protection they won't say anything.
Perhaps I shouldn't comment but have been given a lead today by the chaps own brother as to where I might find him. His brother is less than taken with him aswell. I've also discovered the false alias he uses on facecloth. Not a nice guy at all. The next time I purchase a house I will be getting my solicitor to draft something stopping this happening again, that's if I'm allowed to have another mortgage as I know they say it doesn't happen but my house at the moment appears to be credit black listed.
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

I am going to sound like an agony aunt now, but be careful how you go about things...

Sod's law and cynicism says that if you do anything you shouldn't, it will be you that ends up in bother.

Just keep plenty of records / evidence, in case it helps you in future.
Envoy CDX
Club Admin

Post by Envoy CDX »

Try and keep it legal. Speak to Citizens advise and contact a solicitor.
Can't imagine it's pleasant what you're going through but don't be seen making comments / threats like you did before, even if idle and something happens.. the police will likely be round for a chat.
Check the Rules!

Raw 8v Power! - Bad Cav, Naughty Cav... Cav want's to do 90!

The How2 Index
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

Robsey wrote:I am going to sound like an agony aunt now, but be careful how you go about things...

Sod's law and cynicism says that if you do anything you shouldn't, it will be you that ends up in bother.

Just keep plenty of records / evidence, in case it helps you in future.
Envoy CDX wrote:Try and keep it legal. Speak to Citizens advise and contact a solicitor.
Can't imagine it's pleasant what you're going through but don't be seen making comments / threats like you did before, even if idle and something happens.. the police will likely be round for a chat.

You can't get away with much nowadays, too many unseen cameras, so slow and legal seems to be the best choice.

I don't know if you've seen these, maybe as a starting point
https://www.justanswer.co.uk/traffic-la ... -does.html
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/di ... my-address
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

I took onboard what you said. After a bit of digging it turns out he is wanted by the police on other charges. Ive managed to confirm where is his now staying. From what I can gather the Police recieved a telephone call letting them know where he is... I wonder who could of done that, lol?
Hopefully we should get some peace again, to safe guard myself ive checked the electroal role for our house and hes definatley not on it, plus i shall be checking my credit score every week to make sure no applications for credit show up on there.
Mk3alan

Post by Mk3alan »

Sounds like you're moving in the right direction, good luck!
Many moons ago my in-laws had a neighbour who didn't like vehicles parking rear end in at 'his' layby. He made this apparent by putting buttons with nails in under vehicle tyres.
Could never be proved and police weren't interested unless we had evidence.
I had just fitted 4 new tyres to my car and ended up with 2 of them punctured, not happy.
I returned late one night and inserted a pipe through his letterbox, at the other end was a gallon of old engine oil. Plus a well worded note on the door.
Felt naughty, but so good!
No one had anymore problems, result!

Alan
ilovedmymantas

Post by ilovedmymantas »

Good you're getting somewhere. It's fortunate there are still public spirited people who can help the police :D

My thought was he's got a (probably suspended ) driving licence or passport still registered at your address as his 'proof' ? If you notify both departments and it starts up again in his moments of freedom, you should hopefully have an easier time of getting him caught. He sounds a right piece of work, his late mother must have been distraught :(
" It's not rust. It's age-related patina " ;)

1980 vauxhall cavalier MK1 1.6L, 1982 opel manta berlinetta 1.8s, 1985 opel manta 2.0 gte, 1990 cavalier 2.0 gl ,1994 cavalier sri x20xev

-1995 cdx x20xev

---------------
Matt
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

ilovedmymantas wrote:Good you're getting somewhere. It's fortunate there are still public spirited people who can help the police :D

My thought was he's got a (probably suspended ) driving licence or passport still registered at your address as his 'proof' ? If you notify both departments and it starts up again in his moments of freedom, you should hopefully have an easier time of getting him caught. He sounds a right piece of work, his late mother must have been distraught :(
You say that, but I know from the letters chasing bills that we've had arrive that she was using at least 3 different surnames, plus as the house kept their old phone number( I didn't know what they were like) we've had non stop calls chasing them both. That part was easy to resolve, I just got a phone set that blocks any numbers that aren't on my pre approved list. Most people just call my mobile anyway, if it wasn't for the internet I'd have the phone line removed.
It seems that if you mention his name in the village to almost anyone the first thing they say is "that **** owes me money"
If only I'd of known before hand I would never of purchased the house, it seems it is quite hard to divorce somebody from a property if they are the less than honest type.
Still, it seems to of come back and bit him this time. If he wasn't intent on continuing to use our address I wouldn't of gone to the effort as hard as I did of tracing his latest location.
Mk3alan

Post by Mk3alan »

'Scumbag' obviously runs in the family, good luck.

Alan
Robsey
Club Admin

Post by Robsey »

You never hear the "bad" side of anything like that during a house purchase.

If you did, then the property would never have sold.

I have yet to find an estate agent that gives a property a description of...

" a quaint little cottage close to the edge of the village, where the current owner hides away from all the schmucks that he has conned money from".

"Also comes with recently fitted central heating, large reception room, en-suite bathroom and detached garage"
Mk3alan

Post by Mk3alan »

Long while since I bought a house but isn't anything 'untoward' obliged to be revealed?

Alan
3cav3

Post by 3cav3 »

Mk3alan wrote:Long while since I bought a house but isn't anything 'untoward' obliged to be revealed?

Alan
I had a signed document stating all debts tied to the house had been removed, however what do I do, instruct my solicitor to take him to court, spend a fortune for him to say he's got nothing to pay me? It's going to just have to be a case of every time he plays up then a bit karma will be carried out.
If he'd of not tried to be smart arse then at present it's unlikely the police would of known where he was and he'd still have freedom.
I'm absolutely tamping mad about the situation, this combined with the neighbors inconsiderate parking will only further my desire to move eventually into a much better detached place, only another £100k to go, lol.